Followers

Monday 23 April 2018

…that which cannot be put into words…


Sharing a card featuring the Guitarist Tia image from Some Odd Girl.


This is going out to a niece who has recently taken up ukulele and loves it, of course I couldn’t find a ukulele digi but hoping the guitar on this one passes off for one especially as this looks a bit like my niece.  As my card features a Some Odd Girl image I am entering it in the anything goes challenge on the FB fan page ~ by the way you should go check out Some Odd Girl owner and artist Kirsty Dalman on Patreon, her images there are awesome and more realistic and a bit edgy compared to the cartoony cute ones on Some Odd Girl.

To help me decorate my card I’ve played along with the bingo board at Hanna and Friends, going with the centre column.  I glittered up my die cut musical notes and picked a piece of striped DP for the rectangle element.  The colour scheme is in green as that’s my niece’s fav colour.

For my layout I’ve followed the current sketch over at Sketch Saturday.  I resized up to a 6x6 and pretty much stuck true to the sketch except for the musical notes die.  I swapped this out for the sentiment as I thought it worked better given the placement across the image.

I’m actually early with this card, dinner out on Friday night to celebrate when gifts include weird things I’d never heard of before they turned up on my niece’s wish list.  Who knew Oonies were a thing?!  Hoping she likes the card as much as those weird inflatable things!

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B00, BG72, C00, C2, 0
Lips E11
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit G99, YG11, YG13, YG17
Guitar E31, E33, E35, E41, E42, E43, E57, E79, N3, N5, N7
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Tinsel ~ Green
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Tattered Lace Dies ~ D159 Musical Notes
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Sparklets ~ Fern
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing & Twisted Citron
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Napa Valley
Graphic 45 Botanical Tea ~ Patterns & Solids
Poppy Crafts Smooth Cardstock ~ White
Stamps
Some Odd Girl ~ Guitarist Tia
Challenges

http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/week-510-with-star-stampz.html


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE that musical die! That sparkle paper was a great choice too. Great card! Thanks for sharing your work with us over on the Sketch Saturday blog!
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if this is the perfect card for your niece.Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: