Followers

Wednesday 25 April 2018

But in my heart, I am a gamer


Sharing a card featuring the fun Gamer image from Tiddly Inks.


I turned the TV screen into a shaker panel and added a background I printed with the birthday sentiment.  Was a bit tricky given how thin the sides of the TV are but worth the effort I think.

Mounted the whole thing on a very CAS background where I added interest through layers of coloured cardstock ~ this would be why I burn through ATG tape!  The colours may look familiar to anyone who follows NRL football here in Australia and were chosen as the young Master this is going to is a big Panthers’ fan.

The layout is from the current sketch over at Atlantic Hearts.  The stripes on the sketch reminded me of a footy jersey hence going with the Panthers’ colours.  My nephew is also a gamer (aren’t all 12-year-old boys?!) and the image is perfect for the current challenge at Inkspirational.

Crafty Cardmakers are looking for birthday cards, a nice simple challenge, and I’m also linking my card up there.

Oh boy, the more I look at the pic of the card the more crooked the centre panel looks!  Must step away and stop looking at it before I am tempted to try some remedial action and end up ruining it.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, N4, N6, N8, N10, R24, R29, R46, Y04, Y06, Y08, YG03, YG05, YG09, 100
Dog E31, E33, E35, E44, E47, E49
Game Console & Controller C4, C6, C8, Y04, Y06, Y08, YG03, YG05, YG09
TV Unit E33, E35, E57, E79
Embellishments
Miss Emily Shroom Shaker Mix ~ Super Bros
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Lemonade
Bazzill Orange Peel Cardstock ~ Garnet
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Black
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Lime Crush
Couture Creations ~ Acetate
Stamps
Tiddly Inks ~ Gamer
Challenges
https://atlanticheartschallenge.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/sketch-261.html
http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/challenge-159-play.html

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Your coloring is beautiful and I like the fun video game theme! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this is ADORABLE! I just love it! Great job coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    Jess - DT
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute card and what an amazing detail to make it a shaker!!! thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Challenge this week.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I am stunned by your creativity! What an amazing idea to create a shaker panel for the TV screen....and gaming is so popular. Your beautifully executed card will make someone's day! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your coloring of the delightful image, what an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Happy Crafting!
    Glenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colouring Great card Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love how you made the screen a shaker - fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply fabulous; plenty of play images to charm, delight and dazzle! The shaker screen...brilliant! Thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting top 3 at Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: