Followers

Monday 12 March 2018

The most important thing when ill, is to never lose heart



Sharing a card I’ve made for a colleague who is going through treatment for an illness featuring the pretty Painted Butterflies from Altenew.


I am playing along at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge using the middle column so I’ve done my butterflies in a rainbow of colours and picked my papers to match.  For the sparkle I’ve winked the background to the butterflies and the sentiment, which is from the Thoughts & Prayers set from Stampin’ Up!, and also added in some gems in matching colours.  Finally, my semi circles and one butterfly have been die cut.

My card follows the layout at Sketch Saturday.  My only change was to swap out the flower embellie for a butterfly.  I decided to dry emboss the background so I could play along at Pause Dream Enjoy.  Hoping this bright and happy card brings a little cheer to my colleague especially when filled with well wishes from others at work.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Altenew ~ Painted Butterflies
Crafter’s Companion Embossing Folder ~ Cherry Blossom
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ LF-114 Grand Circles
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Rhinestones ~ Dark Blue, Dark Purple, Orange & Yellow Deep
Queen & Co Rhinestones ~ Grass Green
Red & Purple Rhinestones from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Aged Mahogany, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Dried Marigold, Dusty Concord, Festive Berries, Fossilized Amber, Milled Lavender, Mowed Lawn, Ripe Persimmon, Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron & Wilted Violet
Tsukineko Encore! Ultimate Metallic ~ Gold
Wink of Stella Glitter ~ Clear
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Echo Park Summer Days ~ Scallops
Stamps
Altenew ~ Painted Butterflies
Stampin’ Up! ~ Thoughts & Prayers
Challenges
http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/week-504-with-sasayaki-glitter_10.html
 
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Me again! Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, bright colors and design...I know it will brighten your friend's day! Thank you for playing and sharing with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love all the butterflies and the bright colors! Thanks for sharing your work with us over on the Sketch Saturday blog.
    ~Jo, SS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card left me all a flutter! Those rainbow butterflies are sure to bring a smile to anyone. Thanks for joining us this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and so very thoughtful. Great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sketch Saturday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dream Enjoy Pause, hugs Jackie DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: