Followers

Sunday 18 February 2018

When our two souls stand…



Sharing a wedding card I was commissioned to make featuring a lovely image, True Love, by From the Heart.


I got some pointers from the person who commissioned this on what the couple liked.  One of the things I was told was the bride likes English antiques so I went with a romantic and vintage feel to the card with the frame around the image, the pearls and brown and yellow tones.  With my love and vintage feel I’m entering my card in the current challenge at Studio 75.

Over at 4 Crafty Chicks they want you to use lots of layers on your project.  I certainly have that, I’ve double matted and then added layers over the top, even layering my image over another die cut frame.  I don’t make so many fussy and fancy cards any more but like how this one turned out, a bit fancy but not too fussy.

The card shape is a new one that I saw in a FB group, the instructional video was in Dutch but it wasn’t too hard to follow.  I just converted the measurements into inches as I start with a 12x12" piece of cardstock and don’t like to have an odd bit left over.  With my special fold I am also entering my card in the current challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies.  It was hard to photograph this card well, this is what it looks like laid out flat.


Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear
Stampendous! Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Aged Ochre
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
LDRS ~ 8003 Dew Drop Circle
Noor! Design ~ 6002/0252 Sending Love
Embellishments
Crafts 4U Adhesive Rhinestones ~ Flourish B
I Am Roses ~ Medium Rose Buds (T26-151), ½" Open Roses (R8-15), ¾" Open Roses (ZR3-15), 1" Open Roses (ZR6-15) & Semi Open Rose Buds (T30-155)
Make it Crafty Chipboard ~ 4" Celebrate
Inks & Paints etc
Nuvo Creative Pen Supreme Metallics ~ 504 Copper
Prismacolor Pencils ~ 912 Apple Green, 917 Sunburst Yellow, 938 White, 949 Silver, 1056 70% Warm Grey
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Alcohol Blending Solution & Caramel
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Aged Mahogany, Black Soot, Fossilized Amber, Gathered Twigs, Hickory Smoke, Mustard Seed, Pumice Stone, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Tea Dye, Twisted Citron, Walnut Stain, Weathered Wood & Wild Honey
Twinkling H2Os ~ Oyster
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Forest & Maltball
BoBunny Double Dot Vintage Cardstock ~ Chiffon
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Collection Kraft Core Metallics ~ Copper
Stamps
From the Heart ~ True Love
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Very lovely card that any bride & groom will love to get !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Emily. It glows! An interesting fold too. Thanks too for playing along with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Thank you for playing with us at Studio75 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card! Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Studio 75!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: