Followers

Monday 27 November 2017

Thou thy worldly task hast done…



Sharing a CAS card I made for a colleague who is retiring featuring a lovely chippie frame from Make it Crafty and some odds and ends from my stash of embellies.
 
 
The layout of my card comes from the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, where I’m just under the wire to play along.  I used my chippie frame and a wooden clock embellie for the two circle elements and cut the rectangular ones from designer paper.  To keep with my white and blue colour scheme I coloured the clock hands with white paint marker and set them to 12 and 1 as my colleague’s last day is the 1/12.  I didn’t have an appropriate stamp for my sentiment so I printed one on heat resistant acetate and then heat embossed it.

I chose the blue to be able to play along with the current board over at Tic Tac Toe, where I’ve gone with the left column.  Along with the blue colour, my design is CAS and this is a masculine card going out to a male colleague.

I also wanted to play at TGIF so I used water colours to colour the frame and clock in ombre, using only one colour of blue on each and just letting the paint fade out to produce the ombre effect.  For a bit of shine I added clear embossing powder over the frame.  I tried that on the first clock face I coloured up but all the colour leeched out when I heat set the embossing powder so I didn’t risk it with the second one!

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
WOW! Embossing Powder ~ Opaque Bright White Super Fine
Embellishments
BoBunny ~ Kraft Wood Clocks
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Findings ~ Game Spinners
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors ~ No 63 Persian Blue & No 67 Deep Blue
Papers
Maja Design Vintage Winter ~ Chilly Outside & Enjoy the Cool
Mondi Color Copy Paper ~ 200gsm White
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice CAS card! I didn't know it was possible to print and emboss so that is something I'll have to try out! Thanks for playing with us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge - we hope you will play often!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun group of elements for retirement. Love the starry wreath - and the clock is a perfect touch! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: