Followers

Saturday 4 November 2017

There is something haunting in the light of the moon…



I’m sharing a card today featuring the Scarecrow die from Tim Holtz.


It may be November but I’m still making Hallowe’en cards, no surprises there, happens every year!  For this one I took inspiration from the current board over at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, using the bottom row.  My stripes come from the Hallowe’en Deco Sheets by Tim Holtz, I heat embossed both the die cut scarecrow and the Make it Crafty chippies I used for embellies and I have lots of black on my card.

I had a lot of fun making the various layers of this card, I was going to go with a darker theme but in the end the card pulled me toward a more friendly Hallowe’en style.  Over at As You Like It they want to know if you prefer Christmas or non-Christmas cards and for me it is definitely the latter.  My absolute favourite season is Hallowe’en, even if I am always late with my cards.  I have to make a gazillion Christmas ones so tend to do them in a production style process with lots of the same design, which is probably why I don’t enjoy making them much at all.

Being so late with this card I am also just under the wire to enter the current Hallowe’en challenge at Always Fun.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ S4-116 Standard Circles Small
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists ~ Perfect Pearl
Tim Holtz Distress Crayons ~ Black Soot & Peeled Paint
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Black Soot, Carved Pumpkin, Peeled Paint & Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Oxides ~ Black Soot, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey & Wilted Violet
Papers
Arches Watercolor Paper ~ 185gsm Smooth
Couture Creations ~ Acetate
Tim Holtz Distress Deco Sheets ~ Halloween
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. A great Halloween card. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Hope to see you again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant card!! Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Always Fun Challenges last week. Hope you'll play along again this week.
    Janis, Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this card turned out great as a more fun Halloween card! Can't go wrong with sparkles! Thank you for sharing and playing along this week with Tic Tac Toe Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: