Followers

Monday 20 November 2017

… and a cloud in my heart



Sharing a CAS card featuring the Glamorous die from Penny Black and sentiments from Altenew and Lawn Fawn.


I’ve made this card for a colleague who is leaving work who was always helpful and will be missed by pretty much everyone.  For that reason, I combined both a farewell and thank you sentiment, teaming the lovely scripty ‘thank you’ from Altenew’s Oriental Orchid set with the smaller and plainer ‘miss you already’ from Lawn Fawn’s Plane and Simple set.  I embossed both in gold for a touch of added class to my card.

The layout of my card follows the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I made the top set of elements smaller to add some interest to my card and swapped out the main circular elements for the flower die cuts.  Instead of one smaller circular element on either side I used varying sizes of rhinestones for a touch of bling.  I die cut my flowers from watercolour paper and inked with Distress Inks, love the soft watercolour effect this produced.

Over at Crafty Friends they want you to add a sentiment to your project and mine is front and centre of my card.  I really wanted the sentiment to be the main focus, hence shrinking down the other elements to accent rather than dominate my card.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Penny Black Dies ~ 51-117 Glamorous
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Rhinestones ~ Soft Pink
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing, Spun Sugar, Twisted Citron & Worn Lipstick
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ White
Stamps
Challenges
 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! The watercolored look is so very cool. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the stamped flowers in the corners--they are softly stunning. Thanks for joining us this week at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card!

    Thanks for joining Crafty Friends
    DT Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: