Followers

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Ever since my twelfth, I’ve been looking forward to my sweet sixteen


I’m sharing a card today featuring Lisa’s Giraffe from Saturated Canary.


This is going out to my niece who is turning 16, which kinda makes me feel a bit old!  But it did give me the opportunity to mark the occasion by putting her age on the card thereby allowing me to play in the current challenge at Moving Along With the Times.

I fussy cut my image so I could remove the giraffe and have her holding on to a balloon instead.  I could have started with another image but this one actually looks a lot like my niece.  To match the floating balloon I decided on a cloud filled background.  I created some on the base using a Snow Marker although they don’t look so fluffy in the photo.  For the shaker window background I started by laying down the alcohol ink in shades of blue and then added in the clouds with Distress Paint topped with some Pearl Mixative for a bit of shine.  I then used white sequins to tie in with the white clouds.

Absolutely loving the Make it Crafty chippies, especially when topped with a layer of clear embossing powder to make them shiny.  This time I double embossed the top layer, first with gold embossing powder and then with clear.  Added the clear powder on top really toned down the gold, making it appear aged.

I’ve used the current board over at the Tic Tac Toe challenge to help with my card design.  I’ve gone with the left column and added accents in gold and dimension through my shaker window, layered chipboard and Snow Marker clouds.  The shaker window also gave me the final element of acetate.

With the shaker element I’ve added some wiggle to my card, it doesn’t show in the photo but the balloon is also wiggly thanks to an Action Wobble.  And all that wiggling matches the current theme at Southern Girls, where I’m also entering my card.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
WOW! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Pale
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Tim’s Holtz Alterations Framelets ~ 660953 Crazy Stuff
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc 
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colours ~ No 33 Orange, No 36 Wine Red, No 42 Bright Yellow, No 46 Brown, No 51 May Green, No 63 Persian Blue & No 66 Menthol Violet
Marvy Uchida ~ Snow Marker
Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink ~ Mermaid, Pearl Mixative, Sailboat Blue & Stream
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Picket Fence
Papers
Arches Watercolor Paper ~ 185gsm Smooth
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Bermuda Blue & Island Breeze
Couture Creations ~ Acetate
Yupo ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Saturated Canary ~ Lisa’s Giraffe
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, your niece will love it, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card, ideal for your niece and also our challenge at MAWTT. Thank you for joining us

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS card!
    Love your image with such beautiful hair and how she is holding the balloon, very clever and creative fussy cutting!
    Thank You for joining us at the Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is almost as pretty as the "Diamond Girl" shaker card you made for me. It sits on top of my desk where I see it everyday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: