Followers

Saturday 29 April 2017

On the first day of Christmas…



Managed to get another card finished today to add to my Christmas card stash using the lovely Pear Tree Partridge die from LDRS Creative.


This card was inspired by the current challenge at Jingle Belles, where they want you to take inspiration from the song “The 12 Days of Christmas”.  Seeing the challenge theme reminded me of this die in my stash so it seemed the perfect time to get it out of its packaging and give it some use.

I cut the die from a piece of watercolour paper and added in all the details with some Tim Holtz Reinkers.  I’ve just now realised that I didn’t run it back through my Crossover with an embossing mat for some added texture, doh!  Probably would have been a good idea seeing I am also entering my card in the current challenge at Allsorts, which has a theme of embossing.  Mine is added with the sentiment, one of Tim’s stamps, and some lovely gold embossing powder.  I also embossed the chest of the partridge as it had some pieces cut out that looked a bit odd to me being empty.  A dusting of silver embossing powder filled them in nicely and added a bit of sparkle to the partridge too.

Embossing is also the optional theme at Happy Little Stampers and their current Christmas challenge, which I’ve just made it in time to enter.  The die cut is so pretty I left this card quite CAS, I had thought about making the centre behind the partridge into a shaker but it seemed all a bit too fiddly and the card is already quite thick thanks to my multiple layers.  Why so many you ask?  Well, because now I have not just a partridge in a pear tree but also fiiiiive goooolden riiiings - ha, bet the song is well and truly stuck in your head now!

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Wow! Embossing Powder ~ Metallic Gold Rich Pale
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Close To My Heart Bitty Gems ~ Brown
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Various colours
Tsukineko ~ VersaMarker
Papers
Arches Smooth Paper ~ Watercolour 185gsm
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft Core Metallics Collection ~ Gold
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS249 Scribbly Christmas
Challenges
Jingle Belles ~ “On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my TRUE LOVE gave to me...”

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Great card to add to your Christmas card stash! Loving the die and beautiful design!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun die cut and so perfect for celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great creation for our Allsorts embossing theme, thank you so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your participation in HLS christmas challange. A gorgeous card. Hope to se you in outher next challange. //Zora

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW... what a fantastic die! and i love that you cut it from plain watercolor paper and then painted in the colors... this is REALLY lovely! thanks for joining in our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh, you had the perfect die for this challenge. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: