Followers

Monday 26 December 2016

…then he climbed to the top of his tree…


Well Christmas is over and so the birthday cards start again, today’s features Ricky Hanging Around from Tiddly Inks and is heading out to my nephew.


To make up my card I’ve used sketch #30 from Tuesday Morning Sketches, as they currently have an anything goes challenge going on.  You didn’t have to use one of their past sketches but I always like to use a sketch and this one suited my image well.

As this is going out to a boy I added in the rectangular elements with torn corrugated cardstock, a nod to all the cardboard box cars and planes and things little boys love to make.  To keep with the colour scheme I decided to colour on Kraft, my second so far and I do love the effect.

This is going out to a boy and I think is suitably masculine in theme.  Kept it fairly CAS as a result with a few metal embellies for a bit of interest.  Master is turning six so a Tim Holtz number brad worked well.  Thinking the sentiment is a bit big but the die is new and I just had to use it.  As my card is CAS and features an image of a child and is going out to a child I am also entering my card in the current challenge at Less is More.

Over at Bizzy Bec’s they are running an anything goes challenge so also linking my card up there.
 
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21
Mouth E11
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08, E81, E84, E87, E89, N5, N7, N9
Branch E31, E35, E57, E79, G03, G05, G07
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Prismatic Cardstock ~ Vanilla Cream
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Kraft
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Fab card - your nephew will love this! It's so fun, and really nicely coloured too. Thanks so much for joining in with our "children" theme challenge at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Rickie is having fun, cute card Emily. Your Nephew will love it. Thank you for joining us at Bizzy Bec's Challenge. Crafty Hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect card for a boy - love the textures from the cardboard and brads! He looks fab swinging from the branch and is the perfect image for our challenge this week. Thank you for joining us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that image and everything about your card Emily! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Tuesday Morning Sketches. Good luck on the MISTI prize from our sponsor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! What a fun card for your nephew!!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sensational boy birthday card Emily! The torn corrugated cardboard elements are a genius touch!!! Give a boy a box and he'll make something from it, eh? I really like the image and your colouring is so beautiful too. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic boy birthday card. The image is perfect and reminds me of my 5yr old monkey. Love the elements you have incorporated with the coragated paper and the number brad. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What an adorable and cute image, wonderful take on our children challenge too and beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: