Followers

Saturday 3 September 2016

When you have a dark side, nothing is ever as good as it seems



The card I’ve sharing today features Amber from Devil Cait Designs.


I won this image in a challenge a while ago and thought she was perfect for the twenty-something recipient.  Have to say this has ended up a rather belated birthday card.  As this is for a birthday I am entering it in the current challenge at Paradise of Stamps.

My card follows the current sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch.  I did omit one of the banner elements, I couldn’t make a three combination of the birthday girl’s age and birth date so just stuck with two for her age.  The third I added some more industrial grunge with by cutting a piece of chain border from Tim Holtz’s Gothic Industrious Sticker set.  I added some ‘sweet’ to the grunge with the sentiment.

The colours were inspired by the current image at Cupcake Inspirations, light and dark pink for the hair on the image and then the green for the card.  Keeping it CAS I added interest with some stencilling and the fab Citron Green Distress Ink instead of using designer paper.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E33, E35, G82
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair BV29, R85, RV10, RV63, RV69
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ THS002 Bubbles
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Stencil Mark
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Industrious Stickers ~ Gothic
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Stickers ~ Small Talk
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ Black
Papers
Mondi Color Copy ~ 200gsm White
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous I want her hair great make I know the birthday girl will love it I would x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colouring and take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...an impressive image in every way! Guaranteed the birthday girl will adore this, as do I! Thank you for sharing your creativity at Cupcake Inspirations!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing colouring! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: