Followers

Monday 25 April 2016

Now that I see my lady bright…



The card I’m sharing today features a beautiful image from Gweyeni on DeviantART called Elf Queen.


I chose this image after looking for some inspiration for a card I needed to make for a friend’s birthday and finding it at Get Creative where their current theme is Gothic or Medieval.  I love medieval English history, in particular royal women and, while this image is an elf, the rest of her attire and jewels made me think of medieval queens.

To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at Sketch Saturday and used some gorgeous papers from Graphic 45’s Renaissance Faire collection I’ve been hoarding.  In keeping with the medieval theme I found a lovely chippie frame in my stash that made me think of wrought iron so I painted it black and added in some red rhinestones to tie in with the jewels on the image.  The chippie was definitely a stash piece; I have tons of chipboard pieces in my collection, so I am entering my card in the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash.  Completing my card is a simple flower from Prima, another stash item, which I coloured up to match the lace detail on the image and swapped out the metal rose bead in the centre for a large rhinestone I coloured with my Copics.
Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Lips R24
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, R37, R39, R59, RV99
Jewellery C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, E01, R02, R08, RV00, Y23, Y26, Y28
Prismacolor Pencils
Eyes PC956 Lilac, PC 1008 Parma Violet
Lips PC926 Carmine Red, PC924 Crimson Red, PC925 Crimson Lake
Embellishments
Chipboard Frame from stash
Multi Craft ~ Crystal Multi Mix coloured with R59 Copic
Prima Flower coloured with Various Inks C1 &C2
Red Rhinestones from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Craft-T Metallic Rub-ons ~ Walnut
Papers
Graphic 45 Renaissance Faire ~ Bona Fide & Florentine
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! The chipboard makes a perfect frame for your image! Thanks for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our "Chip Off The Old Block" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's cool, the chipboard frame really does add just the right finishing touch to this fabulously colored and amazing card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (chipboard!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the chipboard frame. It really perfect for the image. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday for our challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can soooo see why this image made you think of historical royalty! You have coloured it beautifully - especially the hair and I love your heritage papers and rustic flower. Thank you so much for joining in the fun with the Saturday girls at Sketch Saturday this week with this delightful card! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card! thanks for joining us at Get Creative, Samantha DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: