Followers

Monday 21 March 2016

There’s something in a huge balloon…



Sharing a card tonight I made for a friend using Tim Holtz’s Bird Crazy and Crazy Things stamps.


This card is going out to a male friend so I’ve kept it deliberately CAS and used the shapes and stamping to create interest.  The design follows the current sketch at Sketch Saturday, which I flipped as the crazy bird I picked seems to be looking up at something floating by so I used a balloon for the circle element over his head rather than at his feet.  To create the two-toned background I’ve used a stencil rather than designer papers.

Stencils are the current theme at CAS on Sunday so I am entering my card there.  For my colours I used the themed ones from CAS Colours & Sketches.  I don’t have Stampin’ Up inks so I substituted with Distress Inks, using Stormy Sky for the Marina Mist and Worn Lipstick for the Watermelon Wonder (which seem to match as best as I can tell through a computer monitor).  The Night of Navy I have covered with my navy cardstock base and mat.

By keeping my card CAS and using challenges for inspiration on the design elements I was able to create this card in under an hour.  The perfect thing for a spot of Monday night crafting when work in the morning means no staying up late to fiddle with embellies and selecting designer papers.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
The Crafter’s Workshop Stencil ~ TCW456s Mini Sketch Grid
Inks & Paints etc
Ranger Archival Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Blue Note
Stamps
Challenges
CAS on Sunday #79 ~ Stencil It  
 
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Fun card! Great masculine style. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card. Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have designed this card, Emily. Great take on the sketch. That ballon is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily - that's a really fun card and I rather like that you're using the Worn Lipstick colour on a masculine card! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous to see the CC&S colours used in such a quirky and cheeky way - love that crazy bird! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you flipped the sketch upside-down. Super cute (I'm a huge fan of Tim's Crazy Birds!) So glad that you joined in the fun over on the Sketch Saturday site.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bird images always make me smile. I'm sure your friend will love this card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this clean and simple fun design in the challenge colours. The balloon coming out of the square is particularly effective. Thanks for joining us at CC&S
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely CAS card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge Stencil it at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: