Followers

Sunday 20 September 2015

The butterfly long loved the beautiful rose…



My card today features the elegantly beautiful Cameo 14 from Fitztown.


I’ve made this card for a friend’s birthday and, as she is more elegant than alternate, I’ve turned what looked like a tattoo into body jewellery through some very fiddly paper tole.  Not to set myself too easy a task I also paper tolled the tiny butterfly in her hair, very fiddly stuff indeed!

I started out with the image in mind and then used the photo inspiration from Live and Love Crafts to help me decorate my card.  The palette of browns and creams from the photo gave a lovely vintage feel to the card and I picked up the pink in my butterflies.  I used the roses themselves in my floral embellies.  I also used the lace and various trims as inspiration to add to my embellies.

At Paradise of Stamps, they are looking for ribbon, lace and pearls, all of which I have covered.  I added tiny pearls to both butterflies for their bodies and also twisted some Memory Thread around some pearl trim to put round my flowers.  There was a lot of space in the lace I used so I threaded through some ribbon and finished off with three large pearls (just realised they look like metal screws in the photo!).

My card follows the current sketch at Sparkles Monthly.  I decided not to cut paper for the round element but instead made this from flowers coloured with PanPastels.  I nestled a butterfly I punched with my new Tim Holtz punch among the flowers to break up the browns and also to tie in with the image.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B91, B97
Lips R14, R46
Hair E42, E44, E50, Y21
Outfit B21, B23, B26, BV02, BV13, BV17
Earring B12, B14, B37
Butterflies RV11, RV32, RV34, Y23, Y26, Y28
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Noor! Design Die ~ 6002/0356 Frame and Three Corners
Embellishments
Brown Pearls from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Wink of Stella ~ Dark Pink & Gold
Papers
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Brown
Ribbons & Trims etc
DMC Memory Thread ~ 6030 Dark Ecru
Guipure Lace from stash
Embroidered Satin Ribbon from stash
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your interpretation of the sketch is awesome. A beautiful image, gorgeous colouring. I adore how you have created the circle with flowers. I am sure your friend will be thrilled. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
    Hugs Helen P (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant card and image indeed! Beautiful die, lace and flowers. Thanks for joining LLC this month.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: