Followers

Sunday 26 July 2015

We live in deeds, not years...



I’m sharing a card today I made for a male friend for his birthday.


The main element of my card is a tag I made following the tut from Tim Holtz for January’s Twelve Tags of 2014.  I picked words that describe my friend and also went to the same detail Tim did on the Type Charm only I used my friend’s birth date.  And, yes, I am late with this card but as he is still away on holidays he will never know!

I’ve numbers all over my project without actually adding my friend’s age as every year he says the same thing when I wish him happy birthday, which is to state his age in a rather disbelieving voice.  Hence going with the clock/time theme also.  With all my numbers I am entering this in the current challenge at Cut It Up as I also have the requisite die cut.

Over at Crafty Creations they are looking for four of things, I have four word flags and four metal gear embellies, I also have four timepieces (three stencilled ones and the die cut one but it’s impossible to see the stencilled ones under all the layers).  I’m also entering my card at Crafty Gals’ Corner where their theme is to use a die cut.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die ~ Classic Circles
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Game Spinner, Journaling Tickets, Loop Pin, Mini Fasteners, Mini Gears, Reinforcers, Sprocket Gears, Tiny Attacher Staples & Type Charm
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs ~ Numbers
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot, Pumice Stone & Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Black Soot
Papers
Authentique Enchanted ~ Spellbound
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Cinnamon Stick
BoBunny Weekend Market ~ Weekend Market
House of Paper Cardstock Romanesque ~ Pearl
Ribbons & Trims etc
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Linen Ribbon & Ruler Ribbon
Stamps
Stampin’ Up! ~ Happiest Birthday Wishes (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:


  1. Great masculine card !
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Crafty Creations Challengeblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! Love the design! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the grunge style here, perfectly executed. Your friend will cherish this gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us for our Numbers challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - love the vintage grunge feel! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! I am so glad you linked up for our numbers challenge at Cut It Up. You have my vote! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Super fun elements! Thanks for playing along with us at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: