Followers

Monday 15 September 2014

Creative Blog Hop



I’ve been nominated for the creative blog hop by Sandra van Blaricum, who met through the Outlawz.  I used to enter the sketch challenge they run and am now a proud member of the design team where Sandra makes the most wonderful sketches for everyone to play with.  Hop on over to Sandra’s blog to see all her wonderful creations.

Here are my answers to the blog hop questions…

1.   What am I working on?
A Tim Holtz folio collection that I am turning into a scrapbook, I also have a few images on the go.  I colour for relaxation so I usually have a few images I’m working on.

 2.  How does my work differ from others of my genre?
I’m not really sure what genre I’m in, although other people say my style is “grunge”.  I like to mix things up so you’ll see all sorts of styles on my blogs, the images tell me what style I should do from CAS to shabby chic.  I do love Steampunk and metal bits and pieces and flowers.  I’ll also give most things a go at least once and like to try new things.

3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I love having a creative outlet, I have an office job that keeps me very busy so colouring is relaxation.  I also love to put cards together, I adore paper and that love has now extended to embellies and flowers in particular.  A lot of my cards are made with people in mind too, I give them to friends, family and colleagues and love being able to give something handmade and unique.

4. How does my creative process work?
With an image usually, I pretty much print everything at 4” tall as I almost exclusively make 6x6 cards.  Colouring first puts me in a bind at times as I let the image pick its own colours and then find I might not have the right colour papers.  Printing and colouring first also constrains me if I want to die cut and I end up fussy cutting some impossibly detailed images sometimes.  I am useless at layouts so after I’ve coloured my image I go hunting challenge sites for sketches (hence why I’m happy to be on the Outlawz sketch team), I also tend to use challenges to help me embellish my cards.  I find bingo/tic tac toe challenges particularly good for helping me use stash items.  Once I have my sketch and theme/embellie type chosen I then go hunting my enormous stash of paper for the right patterns/colours and my embellies for the right ones to fit the theme/type.  Then it’s just a matter of putting it altogether.

 Now to nominate three people for the Blog Hop:
Corinne is an amazing colourist, does the most gorgeous cards and is just the loveliest person.


Kay is another amazing talent with a dark side, a wonderful person who is also about to become my partner in travelling crime.

Jenny is an awesome colourist and her creations are true works of art, as sweet as she is.





1 comment:

  1. So happ to have you on the team Emily, and glas the sketches work for you :-)
    Thanks for joining in the fun!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: