Followers

Thursday 1 May 2014

This won’t hurt a bit



I have a CAS and a bit funny get well card to share today featuring Nurse Nancy from Simply B Stamps.


I’ve kept this card CAS as it’s heading to a guy, a cousin of one of my SBS teamies, who sadly was involved in a very serious motorbike accident.  To make up my card I followed the current sketch at House of Cards, I used a Nestie Label and double matted everything to add a bit of interest.

The sentiment is computer generated and flows into the inside for the bit of funny…


I’m entering this in the current Dream Valley challenge, while the images are an integral part of the card, the sentiment I think really finishes it off.  Hope it brings a smile to the recipient’s face, fortunately I’m not funny enough to make him laugh as with the current condition of his ribs I think laughing would be rather painful!

I think this card shows you can do a lot without breaking into your stash of designer paper, although given how large my stash is that might not be such a good thing.  Be that as it may, I am also linking this at the current no patterned paper challenge over at Paper Crafting Challenges.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B91, B97,0
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit N0, N1, N2, T4, T6, T8, 0, 100
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ 5x7 Matting Basics & Labels Two
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock ~ Blue
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the accident! I think this fabulous card will definitely put a smile on his face! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That's a big needle inside!! Hope your friend gets well soon. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there... great card for a sick guy in the hospital.

    ALSO, YOU WON APRIL'S CHALLENGE AT DIE CUT DIVAS. EMAIL US AT thedcdivas@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous "for him - get well/feel better" card!!!

    Lovely bright colors too!!

    Thanks for linking to Paper Crafting Challenges
    --Don't forget to sign up for notification by e-mail, you do not want to miss the new challenges and winner posts!

    We hope that you are inspired to play again and again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Hope your friend is better real soon. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: