Followers

Wednesday 30 April 2014

…she in thee, calls back the lovely April of her prime



I’ve been in a shabby chic mood of late and have another project, a card this time, in that style featuring the gorgeous new Mother’s Day Betty image from Simply B Stamps.


To make up my card I’ve played along with my favourite sketch challenge over at Outlawz, this week’s sketch was just perfect for a shabby chic style card.  I had to swap out the rectangles for ovals though as I didn’t have anything in my stash (dies or chippies) that were rectangles of the right dimensions.  I tried to keep my flowers in a sort of oval shape but they ended up a bit bigger than the bottom oval, again I was limited by what was in my stash.

To help me select my shabbilicous elements I used the tic tac toe board at Sugar Creek Hollow.  I actually couldn’t decide which row or column to use so I used two (lace, ribbon, pearls and embossing, ribbon, distressing), I also have some flowers in there too for good measure.

Hiding in My Craft Room has a Mother’s Day challenge on at the moment so I am also entering my card over there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E33, Y26, 0
Lips R81, R85, R89
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99, V09, V91, V93, V95
Flowers G03, G05, G07, RV 63, RV66, RV69, YR23, YR68
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Aged Rose & Chunky White
Pebbles Chalk ~ Pearlescent Mauve
Embellishments
I Am Roses ~ Mini Roses & Small Flowers (coloured with Various Inks V91 & V93)
Mulberry Flowers from stash (coloured with Various Inks V91 & V95)
Twiddleybitz ~ Fancy Oval Frame
We R Memory Keepers Eyelets ~ Purple
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Lilac
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Papers
Core’dinations Cardstock ~ Mystic Grey
Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love ~ Paris Pink Peony & Vintage Plum
Ribbons & Trims etc
FabScraps Bead Ribbon ~ Pearl
Live & Love Crafts Venice Lace ~ Rose Round Edge (coloured with Various Inks V91)
Mauve Satin Ribbon from stash
Stamps
Challenges



Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Your Card is inspirational and beautiful. I love this. I like the Ribbon Accent with the crossing and grommets. Thanks for sharing over at HIMCR.
    Lisa
    ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT
    New follower in me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so gorgeous Emily that I had to come by and tell you again how terrific it is!!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great card, love the lacing thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: