Followers

Monday 17 March 2014

Not all those who wander are lost


The card I have to share today features another of the super cute images from Simply B Stamps’ new Jude at the Circus collection, Little Hobo Clown Oscar.


Now just because these are images of young children doesn’t mean they are strictly for kids’ cards, indeed, I have made this one for a male friend.  I just picked more adult style paper and an adult theme; in this case I’ve placed Little Hobo Clown Oscar walking along a railway track, just like the stereotypical hobo.

The layout follows the current sketch at Seems a Little Sketchy; I just flipped it so the top became the bottom.  Flipped this sketch just worked perfectly for the one element I’d decided on, which was the railway track, then the little diagonal element told me where I’d place my sentiment.  I cut the railway track by hand, I just printed off a picture of some tracks and transferred them to some Kraft cardstock then hand cut the sleepers, inked them with Distress Ink in three colours to add light and shade and then assembled.  The railway station sign was cut using my Cameo and some shapes I formed up in Photoshop.  The original sketch had three embellies on the outside edge of the oval but I chose to just use the clocks embossed on the cardstock I cut the oval for them, more CAS for a guy card and it allowed me to keep the beautiful embossing showing.

Here’s a view of the inside too, featuring some awesome paper from Tim Holtz that fittingly referenced New York, my friend lived there for some time and it is his favourite place.  I love this quote from Winnie the Pooh, a true philosopher among bears!


Crafty Catz has a boys and their toys challenge, as I said, this card is for a male friend for his 51st birthday (do boys ever grow up?) and boys do love their toy trains so I’m entering my card in the challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Eyes B91
Lips E02
Hair T4, T6, 100
Hat & Coat E40, E42, E43, E44, E47
Pants & Tie B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
Shirt Y23, Y26, YR20, YR21
Vest & Hankie Bag R24, R29, R46, R59
Shoes E23, E25, E27, E40, E42, 0
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Cardstock ~ Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain
Papers
Core’dinations Cardstock ~ Kraft
FabScraps Timeless Travel ~ Map 2
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Tim Holtz Distressables ~ Railroad
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute creation! Love the image and the railroad tracks. Thanks for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy and good luck.

    -Lori SALS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love the train track and the caboose! So cute! Thank you for sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy and for using our sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous boy's card Emily love the image thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely creation. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Perfect for a guy. I love the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: