Followers

Saturday 18 January 2014

My heart seemed full as it could hold


Today I’m sharing a Valentine card featuring an image from the vaults of Simply B Stamps and the Emo Valentine collection, Heart Break Miller.


I’ve not done Valentine’s cards before, mostly because I can’t get my act together enough to make Christmas cards but that’s the great thing about being on a DT, you are forced to get crafty!  Now I said I loved the effect of that Fran-tage when I used it on my not-Steampunk card.  This time I didn’t stamp first, I just piled up the embossing enamel and let it all melt together to give a lovely glossy centre to my card.  I think the Spellbinder’s hearts are a bit funny, they don’t quite nest as well as the regular shapes but I still like the effect they create.

Robyn’s Fetish’s current challenge theme is no designer paper, which is exactly the effect I was going for in my CAS card, the kind of card a real Aussie guy might be willing to buy for his Valentine.  I think this shows you don’t have to have designer papers to make a real statement with your card.  Although I did deviate slightly from the monochromatic, I’m entering this in the current challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges and hope they overlook the slight splashes of red and gold.

Don’t forget our challenge at Simply Challenged Challenges too, you can use any image but we sure love to see the SBS ones, it’s anything New Year’s related.

Ingredients:
Copics
C00, R89, T2, T4, T6, T8, T10, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel – Aged Black & Aged Scarlett
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Black Soot
Papers
American Crafts Cardstock – White
Close to My Heart Cardstock – Black
Kaisercraft Cardstock – Black
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. This is just so cool and funky. Love the unusual colouring and design. Perfect for valentines.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and great design. Thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I need to color more monochrome colors becasue this looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Red and Gold? I couldn't see any? Thank you for entering our Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. This is a great card and a grate Dude. I actually love wonky hearts we don't always want perfection do we? Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Emily ...I LOVE THIS!!!!!! Great job on the embossing enamels and Super cute image!!! So glad you joined us at Fussy and Fancy!!!
    I do agree with the SB hearts.....they nest together oddly:)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: