Followers

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Mark the transient butterfly...


I’ve gone a bit distressed and a bit grunge with today’s card featuring the elegant Steampunk Kay from Simply B Stamps’ Steampunk DT Gals collection.


I love the contrast between the distressing and the corroded background and embellies and the pretty image.  There’s a lot going on with this card but that’s partly because the sketch I followed from Cardabilities had a lot going on.  I haven’t decided if I should have enlarged the tab file elements or not, I could have as I didn’t have a die so cut them by hand.

The awesome rusty corrugated iron background paper just had to be distressed and that led me to having to rust my metal cog and wooden butterfly, which I did with some rusting powder from Twiddleybitz.  There was no way I was going to be able to distress into the corners of the tab files so I settled for designer paper that looked a bit shabby.  I backed my cog hessian trim with another hessian trim that had frayed bits on the side to add more shabbiness to the whole card.  I’m always a bit unsure about the whole shabby style but between all my elements I think I meet the distressed or shabby part of the current Paper Crafting Journey challenge and my image is a bit vintage so might have that part covered too.

The sketch had butterfly embellies so that’s what I went with too, just Steampunk ones.  I’ve also got gears galore and metal bits and pieces and a Steampunk image so I’m also entering this in the current challenge at PunkyouGirl.

And while we’re talking Steampunk, why not join in on our challenge over at Simply Steampunk Challenges, it’s wings / grunge it up.  As you can see I’ve got that theme covered with my card and my grunged up butterfly.  You can use any Steampunk image, although we’d love to see a Simply B Stamps’ one, and have until 2 February.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks E02)
Eyes E37, E49, 0
Lips R29, R37, R46, R59
Hair E29, E31, E35, E37, E49
Outfit BG93, G85, G94, G99, N0, N1, N2, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Twiddleybitz – Rusting Powder
Dies & SVG s etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities – Cogs
Embellishments
Bead Flowers from stash
Jolee’s Boutique – Steampunk Floral n Butterfly Border
Kaisercraft Flourishes – Magical Butterfly
Prima Junkyard Findings – Tiny Clock Parts
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Tim Holtz Distress Paint – Vintage Photo
Vintaj Patina – Aged Bronze
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock – Black
Kaisercraft Attitude! – Dude
Kaisercraft Base Coat – Redwood
Kaisercraft Hunt & Gather – Trek
Ribbons & Trims
Green Tara Mesh Ribbon – Dark Brown
Hessian Trim – Natural from stash
Hessian Trim – Cogs from stash
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. she looks amazing, i love SBS's Steampunk's - they are so much fun to colour!
    Thank you for joining us at Punk you Girl :)

    Laila aka Koneko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, as always.
    You truly inspire me, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dark and steampunk card!
    Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities!
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving this especially my hair ! Gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for playing along at Cardabilities , wonderful card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: