Followers

Saturday 16 March 2013

Birthday Madness


March really is the month for birthdays, so I have yet another birthday card, this one featuring a SOG image, Mad Hatter Kody.
This card is for a guy so I kept the patterns quite plain and didn’t go for any embellishments other than the die cuts.  Aren’t those teacups cute?  The recipient is a teetotaller, literally, he drinks tea (not coffee) at work all day.

I followed the sketch at this month’s challenge on the SOG blog although I moved my sentiment to fit my theme and flipped the sketch on its side.  I always thought it was the Mad Hatter who was having an unbirthday tea party but turns out it was Humpty Dumpty who got the unbirthday present so instead I used the raven riddle for my sentiment.  It follows through to the inside, where I printed my sentiment on some cardstock before cutting my frame.
Ingredients
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E02, E11
Eyes and teapot B00, B02, B05
Hair E02, Y13, Y15, Y17
Hat and jacket G02, G03, G05, G07
Sock, waistcoat and gloves R24, R27, R29, V12, V15, V17
Cravat Y13, Y15, Y17
Shoes C-5, C-7, 100
Buttons, hatpins and chain Spica Gold
Papers
Starbust Matstack from DCWV
Stamps
Mad Hatter Toby from Some Odd Girl
Dies
My Favorite Things Die-namics Die Always Time For Tea 
Spellbinder’s Labels Four 
Quotes 
Alice in Wonderland  by Lewis Carroll 
Challenge 

Thanks for stopping by, please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant card! I just love the teacup and teapot details. Fab colours and the glitter is an ace touch. Thanks for joining us at SOG this month and good luck... X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: