Followers

Friday 27 April 2018

Take every birthday with a grain of salt


Sharing another card featuring one of the stamps from the Cocktails Blueprint set by Tim Holtz.


Have to say I am loving this set for adult cards, you can do the stamps up in so many ways.  For this card I’ve taken my layout from Freshly Made Sketches.  It was great for letting the stamp take centre stage.  As for the stamp, I stamped it in Barely Beige so I could do some no lines watercolouring.  Have to say it behaved a bit interestingly, the ink that is.  I also was a bit heavy handed with the aqua on the glass but you live and learn and I really am learning with my watercolouring.  Added in the salt rim with some glitter for a bit of a tactile touch.  And what is better as a sentiment for a card featuring some alcohol but one of Tim’s new Snarky Small Talk stickers?

Got my colours from the current palette at Cupcake Inspirations.  Not sure if they do have peach margaritas but went with it anyway and the lime was covered off with the image.  Matted onto cream cardstock and then also layered up the peach and lime cardstock so I could play along in the first challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond.  Gotta say I love my layering and matting!

I didn’t have any embellies that I thought really suited so I made my own epoxy sticker by printing off a lime image and covering it in Glossy Accents.  To finish off the card I traced over the words and lines of the stamp in black mostly because I forgot to mask and do that when I was stamping.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles Dry Glitter ~ Clear Rock Candy
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie ~ Small Talk Snarky
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ Black 0.5
Derwent Watercolour Pencils ~ 6 Deep Cadmium, 14 Deep Vermillion, 45 Mineral Green & 47 Grass Green
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors ~ No 50 Pale Aqua & No 51 May Green
Ranger ~ Glossy Accents
Simon Says Stamp! Ink ~ Barely Beige
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass & Twisted Citron
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Apple Crush
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Peekaboo Peach & Very Vanilla
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS335 Cocktails Blueprint
Challenges
http://cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/cic444-bugaboo-stamps.html
http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/freshly-made-sketches-334-sketch-by-amy.html

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Super fun card! If they don't make peach margaritas they should LOL. So springy! Thank you for joining our challenge this week over at Cupcake Inspirations.
    Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love the blueprint design! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool card. That salt rim is just.. awesome! Great card for adults, your card made me want to buy this stamp. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Emily. Hugs, Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not reached "Old enough to know better" yet! A fun card in really striking colours. Thank you for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so fun! Love how you used the colors of the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! Thanks again for this fun "adult" card!
    Hugs, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: