Followers

Sunday 25 February 2018

…you’ll be up to your armpits in Martians



I’ve got a cute card to share featuring a number of stamps from the Alien Invasion set by Gerda Steiner Designs.


This card is for a male friend and I was struggling a bit for idea until I saw the current theme at C.R.A.F.T. is aliens or fantasy.  This Gerda Steiner set is fairly new in my stash so I actually remembered I had them and could even find them!  The sentiment and banner are from the set too, I used it as this card will be signed by a few of us and we are always using any excuse for getting together and eating cake.

My card follows the sketch over at CAS-ual Fridays, I just shifted the sentiment element down so it didn’t obscure the images I used.  I cut the middle rectangle element but only embossed the other two so I could play along at Less is More for their dry embossing challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Die-namics Dies ~ MFT-963 Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Windows
Embellishments
Foil Cupcake from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Nuvo Crystal Drops ~ Apple Green & Ripened Pumpkin
Ranger Enamel Accents ~ Black Tie & Glacier White
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Basic Black
Tim Holtz Distress Mica Spray ~ Brushed Pewter
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing & Ground Espresso
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ~ Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet & Worn Lipstick
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
BoBunny Double Dot Vintage ~ Coffee
Stamps
Gerda Steiner Designs ~ GSD467 Alien Invasion
Challenges
http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com.au/2018/02/cfc-193.html
http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.com.au/2018/02/challenge-365-7th-birthday-cas-dry.html

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the sentiment, too. Thanks for playing along with Casual Fridays Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and thanks for sharing at Craft this week and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and fun card. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this GSD alien set, too, and these little aliens are adorable. The subtle embossing works well for our CAS dry embossing challenge. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! These are really cute aliens and that is a fab card Emily! Love how you embossed two of the 'frames' and cut the other out - such a great design. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha this is just too cute!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: