Followers

Saturday 24 February 2018

So huge, so hopeless to conceive



Sharing a card I made with the beautiful Weeping Rose image from Aurora Wings.


I’ve had this image in my stash for a long time and decided it was about time I actually used it on a card.  Thought it would make a beautiful sympathy card so I teamed it with a sentiment from the Thoughts & Prayers set by Stampin’ Up!.

For my colour scheme I’ve followed the current palette at Color Throwdown.  I chose to colour only the roses on the image giving them dark purple centres going out to light purple.  The rest of the roses have been coloured in beige.  To add the final colour of brown I stamped my sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin' Up!, adding a dusting of clear embossing powder over the top for some shine and texture.  I’ve also got some brown in the limited embellies I used, just three small sequins.  It’s really hard to tell in the photo but the image has also been foiled in rose gold.

I always think sympathy cards should be simple but elegant affairs so this is a one-layer card and I’m playing along at CAS on Friday with it.  I did mount my watercolor paper on to a base card of Bazzill Marshmallow for some strength but figure it still counts as a single layer card.

Over at Mix It Up they are looking for an optional twist of CAS, which my card is so I am entering it in their challenge.


Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear
Embellishments
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Shaker Selection ~ Chocolate Fondue
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Chocolate Chip
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Antique Linen, Milled Lavender & Seedless Preserves
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Fabriano Watercolor ~ 200gsm Hot Press Smooth
iCraft Decofoil ~ Rose Gold
Stamps
Aurora Wings ~ Weeping Rose
Stampin’ Up! ~ Thoughts & Prayers
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. A lovely take on the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to join us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, heartfelt card! Thank you for joining us this month at the MIUCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning colours and an Amazing Elegant Card xxx.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: