Followers

Sunday 4 February 2018

… like a spark dropped from the sun



Sharing a birthday card featuring the super sweet Dandy Lion from Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps.


Loved colouring up this beauty.  I did her in the no lines technique using my NBUS Simon Says Stamp! Barely Beige ink.  I am so sold on this ink colour for no lines, it works way better than the previous colour I was using.  After I finished colouring the image I restamped just her skirt and hair ties and the dandelion in her hand in embossing ink then added in some white embossing powder.  With a bit of sparkle from a Wink of Stella pen and her eyelashes drawn back in with a Copic Multiliner my Dandy Lion was done.  She looked a bit plain on a white background though so I gave her a background with my PanPastels.

I’ve kept this card pretty CAS so I could play along in two different challenges.  Over at CAS on Friday they want you to use markers or pencils on your card.  I got my Copics out to colour the gorgeous image and also used them to colour up the fabby ‘wishes’ chippie from Make it Crafty.  And at Always Happy Birthday they want to see a CAS birthday card.

The card looked a bit like it needed something but not too much of anything to keep it CAS.  When I saw the current theme at Southern Girls was round and round the Mulberry Bush (use round embellies) it made me think of my sequins so I added some to mimic the petals of the dandelion.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG000, BG01, B05
Lips R46, R56, R59
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG70, BG72, C1, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YR23
Chalks & Powders etc
Stampendous! Embossing Powder ~ Detail White
Embellishments
Make it Crafty Chipboards Layered Words ~ 3'' Wishes
Sequins from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Copic Multiliner ~ 0.05 Black
DecoColor Opaque Paint Marker ~ White
PanPastel ~ Ultramarine Blue Shade & Ultramarine Blue Tint
Simon Says Stamp! ~ Barely Beige
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing
Wink of Stella ~ Glitter Clear
Papers
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ North Sea
Moxxie Winterland ~ Slip Slidin’
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. She sure is a beauty and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, thanks for joining in at the Southern Girls Challenge Blog.

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Always Happy Birthday!
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove your no lines she came up a treat. I also love your idea of restamping and white embossing parts of her. Very very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: