Followers

Sunday 9 July 2017

…never pay full price for late pizza



I have a fun card to share today featuring the Pizza and Toppings DooHickey die from Magnolia.


This card is going to a friend’s dad and I really had no idea what to do for his card until I saw the current challenge theme at CASology was pizza, which he happens to enjoy very much.  I cut my pizza base from Kraft cardstock and used some Tea Dye Distress Ink to brown the edges.  I mixed Barn Door Distress Reinker into some matte Collage Medium and hey presto! I had pizza sauce.  I cut my toppings from white cardstock and coloured them with various Distress Markers to make them into what I thought they were meant to be, some of the pieces are a bit of a mysterious pizza topping!  A bit more Collage Medium, this time with Scattered Straw Distress Reinker and I had a bit of melted cheese on top.

My card design follows the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches that worked perfectly with my pizza die cut.  Instead of embellies for the little round elements I used a few more pizza topping pieces and covered them in Glossy Accents to make them look like embellies. 

For the horizontal element I used some more Collage Medium and a tile stencil, which also added some texture to my card, the current theme over at the The Male Room.  The clear Collage Medium doesn’t show up so well on the background, I had planned to use texture paste but mine had gone hard.  It also didn’t take the Distress Ink I added over the top for the red squares, I got a lot of red ink on my fingers and pretty much everything else that touched the front of my card!  I was going for a red check tablecloth look like you see in a lot of Italian restaurants.

Finished off with a computer generated bad pizza pun sentiment.  Matted everything in red again going for that traditional pizza restaurant colour scheme of red and white.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Inks & Paints etc
Creative Memories Chalking Ink ~ White
Ranger ~ Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium ~ Matte
Tim Holtz Distress Markers ~ Abandoned Coral, Aged Mahogany, Antique Linen, Barn Door, Candied Apple, Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn, Old Paper, Rusty Hinge, Shabby Shutters, Vintage Photo & Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Barn Door & Scattered Straw
Papers
Kraft Cardstock from stash
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable Emily! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome die and I love the red and white checked stripe in the background. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your detailed pizza with all those amazing toppings is the highlight of your card...and there is still lots of open space to keep it CAS! Great fun card (and I'm cheesy, what can I say...I love the sentiment!) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! this is fabulous! I love the combination of the pizza image combined with that fab sentiment. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely pizza card!! So clever!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fun toppings on your fully loaded pizza! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever way to make a pizza, now I feel hungry. Thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super and fun idea for a card! I love that pizza - calorie free!! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant - I have pinned for future male inspiration LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: