Followers

Saturday 24 June 2017

There’s only splendour for the sight



I’m sharing a CAS Christmas card I made featuring the gorgeous Spiral Christmas Tree die from Dixi Craft.


I decided to go with a Christmas tree on this card as that’s the optional twist at Happy Little Stampers in their current Christmas challenge.

Over at Sparkles Christmas they are challenging you to make a Christmas card with non-traditional colours.  I thought I’d play along and to help me pick my colours I used the colour palette from CAS Colours & Sketches.  So my tree is cut from Stampin’ Up! cardstock in Dapper Denim.  I cut two and layered them on top of each other to give some dimension to my card.  The star is cut from copper foil from La-La Land and I’ve decorated the tree with some gems I coloured with a Copic marker that was a pretty close match to Peekaboo Peach.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Dixi Craft Dies ~ MD0049 Spiral Christmas Tree
Embellishments
Papers
House of Paper Cardstock Romanesque ~ Pearl
Challenges
Sparkles Christmas #77 ~ Non-Traditional Colours

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love that die! And how clever to use the CC&S colours, looks fabulous. Thanks for linking up at CC&S and HLS Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card. Wonderful CAS style and great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - such a great CAS, elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant and CAS card! Love your color choices too! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge this month and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is perfectly CAS, and I love the layered star topping the tree. Thanks so much for sharing your card at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, Emily! What a creative use of this week's colors! Thanks for playing with us at CAS Colours and Sketches this week! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really stunning! thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING that die, it is so striking, CAS and fun. The added sparkle is spectacular too. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of this ..... just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your participation in HLS christmas challange. A gorgeous card love it. Hope to se you in ouer next challange. //Zora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: