Followers

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Halt, and be fricasseed



Today I’m sharing a birthday card for my niece featuring the fun Space Cadet Tia from Some Odd Girl.


My niece is a bit of Star Wars tragic (takes after her dad on that much to her mother’s disgust) so I couldn’t go past this cute image, especially as it reminds me a bit of her.  Over at Use Your Stuff they are looking for Star Wars or galaxy themed projects.  I have to admit I am one of about two people on earth who’ve never seen a Star Wars movie so no idea if Tia looks anything like a character from there.  But I do have a sparkly blue background (meant to be the starry outer space) and a space cadet with a laser gun so am thinking I fit the galaxy part so am entering my card in the challenge.

The Paper Players have a fun tic-tac-toe board and I’ve chosen the middle horizontal row to help make up my card.  I’ve got a die cut for my sentiment, yellow accents on Tia and the laser beam and sequins to form part of the laser beam.  To help tie in the colours I coloured up a bit of Curious Metallics card in the same yellows I used on Tia before die cutting my sentiment.

As this card is CAS and features glitter (in my paper, the cleanest way of using glitter by far) and sequins I am also entering it in the current challenge at CAS onSunday.  This had started out as the year of the shaker for me but I keep going back to CAS, which I fell in love with last year, so it’s good to be using my shaker mixes in non-shaker card ways.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E33, E35
Lips E11
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG11, C00, N0, N1, N2, R24, R29, R46, R59, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y11, 0
Jet Pack & Laser Gun C0, C1, C3, C5, R24, R29, R46, R59, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y11
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Curious Metallics Card ~ Cryogen White
House of Paper Stardream Paper ~ Lapis Lazuli
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute and fun image. And so beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! Love what you did with the stamp! Thanks for taking part in the UYS challenge. ~Heather R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is amazing! I have only seen the first Star Wars movie and that was so long ago, I think it doesn't count! Regardless, your little space girl is cute! So happy you shared this with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.. I bet your niece is going to LOVE this card. What a fabulous image and I love the layout. the sequins are the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Star Wars-inspired birthday card, and in the week of Star Wars Day too! I'm sure your niece will love it. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: