Followers

Monday 24 April 2017

I believe in pink



The card I’m sharing today features a couple of stamps from the Mini Couture set by Dyan Reaveley and a snippet of the Queen of the Universe Itty Bitty set from Unity Stamp Co.


The colour scheme of my card comes from the current challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.  I thought the Couture stamps looked like an Audrey Hepburn dress and I’ve carried that theme throughout.  The shade of pink was an attempt to match the fabulous pink number Audrey wore in Breakfast at Tiffany’s although a lesson well learned, Ranger’s Archival inks are archival for a reason; they are waterproof.  Waterproof ink is terrible for watercolouring, take my word for it, had to try and rescue it with some Picked Raspberry Distress Reinker (water reactive); the shading isn’t as crisp as it should have been but no way was I restamping the whole ensemble.

While I fluffed the colouring a bit I am rather proud of my stamping, I used just the head from the woman in the Unity Stamp Co set and combined (with some masking) with the hat to top the dress and give my image an actual head and face.  I decided to go with a white embossed outline as that is one of the colours from CAS-ual Fridays palette.  The third was navy so I printed the sentiment in navy (used my clear embossing powder and VersaMarker trick to give it some shine) and matted my watercolour paper on navy cardstock.

Edna has put on a fancy dress and gone all elegant over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers so I’ve decided to join her.  Who is more elegant than Audrey and she had just the perfect quote to go with my image and the challenge.  But, of course, Edna is at heart a snark and no amount of fancy clothing can change that, so I added a touch of snark myself on the inside sentiment.


Cardz for Galz are on the lookout for projects featuring handbags and gladrags.  I don’t have the former on my card but I am pretty sure you would gain entrance to most fancy establishments in this lovely ensemble.  If I had anything like this in my wardrobe it would definitely be my “gladrags” so I’m entering my card in their challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Wow! Embossing Powder ~ Opaque Bright White
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers ~ Picked Raspberry & Tattered Rose
Papers
Stamps
Dylusions ~ DYB37880 Mini Couture
Challenges
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #82 E is for Elegant

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Emily, your card is perfect for the C4G challenge! Fantastic job with the masking. I thought it was all one image until reading your post - GREAT design, and such beautiful colors and shading. It's a wonderful creation. So happy to see you at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. My thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
    crafty hugs,
    de
    P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable and we are so happy to see you joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. We do hope to see you again. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card and sentiment. Beautiful card.. Thanks for being Elegant with the Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh brilliant, there I was smiling at the beautiful elegant outside and then the inner snark got me and I hooted with laughter. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, your card is brilliant! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! The epitome of elegant!
    Thanks for joining the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS for our E is for Elegant challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Elegance. the stamp and sentiment are perfect together. Thanks for playing along with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for E is for Elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: