Followers

Saturday 22 April 2017

By plucking her petals…



I’m sharing a card commissioned by a colleague for her niece’s confirmation, featuring the lovely Delicate Wings die from Sizzix.


Over at Fussy and Fancy they are looking for fancy fold cards so I decided to make a twisted easel card.  I wanted some way to make the dove die cut look like it was flying and the twisted easel provided the perfect base.

The symbol for a confirmation is a dove coming out of flames.  Rather than doing a flat image for the flames I made them out of flowers.  I took a gazillion I Am Roses roses and rose buds and a few cherry blossoms and coloured them with my Copics in shades of red, pink, orange and yellow.  I added in some dark red rose hips and twigs to give some extra shape.  With all of the I Am Roses flowers I am entering my card in their current challenge.

At Open Minded Crafting their current theme is Angels in April.  My card doesn’t feature any angels but it does meet the faith based option, steeped as it is in Catholic symbolism and featuring a sentiment appropriate for the rite of confirmation.

I haven’t done a fully loaded fussy and fancy card in a long time and haven’t had my flower box open for so long the poor things were nearly needing a good dusting!  And while I am still loving my CAS cards it was a lot of fun doing up this one and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Sizzix Die ~ 660094 Delicate Wings
Embellishments
Chipboard from stash
I Am Roses ~ Cherry Blossom (S3-15), Medium Rose Buds (T26-151), ½'' Open Rose (R8-15), ¾'' Open Rose (ZR3-15), 1'' Open Rose (ZR6-15)  T30-151
Orange & Yellow Twigs with Pearls from stash
Rosehip Bunch from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Burlap Cardstock ~ Clementine
FabScraps Oh! Sew Beautiful~ Floral Pattern
House of Paper Romanesque Card ~ White Champagne
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is stunning!! Fabulous shape and beautiful colours combination! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy "Fancy Folds or Shaped Cards"...good luck! I hope that you will join us again soon!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW! This is absolutely amazing and just gorgeous!!!Thanks so much for playing in our Fussy and Fancy Challenge! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene
    Fussy and Fancy Girl
    FUSSY AND FANCY
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is fabulous! So beautiful! Thank you for joining in our challenge at I Am Roses! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love twisted easel cards and you are so right - the dove really looks like flying when attached to a twisted easel. :) The flower flames are stunning and what a work you've had colouring them all so beautifully! Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck! Hope to see you back soon again.

    Hanne, DT
    Handmade By Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the I Am Roses Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! That's a lot of flowers on one card. hehe
    Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
    Hugs,
    Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I'm late commenting on your wonderful card. love the flowers, delicate diecut bird and card design. I've been away on holiday. Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded crafting Fun Challenge blog.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: