Followers

Monday 13 March 2017

Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul…



I’m sharing a really simple thank you card today featuring a trio of Tim Holtz Stamps, one of the lovely ladies from the Runway set, the pretty floret pattern from the Rosette and Floret set and a sentiment from the Saying Stuff set.


My card was inspired by the current CAS theme over at AAA Cards, where they want you to take inspiration from the Oscars red carpet.  I don’t watch award ceremonies or follow red carpet fashions so I googled and found this lovely image of Bette Midler from the 2014 (I think) Oscars.


When I saw it I immediately thought of using one of the Runway images and a background stamp to do the pattern.  I created a reverse mask to get the red stamping in and used clear embossing powder to make the red really pop.

Keeping my card CAS I havent added any embellies to let the image take centre stage with the pop of red in place of embellies.  The Alphabet Challenge is up to ‘z’ for zero embellishments so I am linking my card up there.  As this is also a thank you card I am also entering it in the current challenge at Incy Wincy where they’re looking for thank you cards.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Inks & Paints etc
Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Pad ~ Basic Black & Real Red
Papers
Bazzill Criss Cross Cardstock ~ Elephant & Lily White
Curious Metallics Iridescent Cardstock ~ Cryogen White
Stamps
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS279 Rosette & Floret, CMS214 Runway & THJ009 Saying Stuff
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh fabulous! Love how you've used the inspiration dress pattern on the dress on your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on your inspiration! Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Thank You Cards Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliantly simple card. The image is so elegant and the perfect stamp for the elegant card. Thank you for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Crafty hugs
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super elegant and I love how you reverse masked this and stamped inside the dress x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful card! I love how you used your inspiration photo for the dress on your card. The colours are wonderful and have such an impact on the card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: