Followers

Sunday 19 February 2017

The very word brings joy to our hearts



I’m sharing a Christmas card today featuring a die from Paper Rose called Stitched Holly.


The inspiration for this card came from Muse: Christmas Visions and the beautiful card made by Chriss Blagrave.  I’ve taken the ‘joy’ word and the flora background as my inspiration as well as the gold outline.  The Kraft background was chosen to fit the current theme at Sparkles Christmas.

I started by printing my sentiment on my laser printer and then foiling it in gold.  I then cut the die shape and used glue to also add a gold outline to the holly and berry.  Keeping with my shaker theme for the year I turned the die cut into a shaker with some acetate and sequins, which means this card also fits the current challenge at Jingle Belles to use something clear.

Although it is very CAS I do love how this turned out.  I am especially enjoying seeing how I can add a shaker element to all my cards in different ways and even in very small elements like the berries.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Papers
Core’dinations Smooth Cardstock ~ Kraft
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. This is so elegant! I have never foiled before - this looks absolutely stunning! So great to see you at Muse: ChristmasVisions - I hope we'll see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tiny little shakers ...thanks for CLEARly creating a beauty for us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love the golf foil sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card - the tiny shaker areas in the leaves and berries are so clever, we're all used to a shaker element being the main, in your face, focal point of the card and using it subtly is genius!
    Thanks for sharing at Sparkles Christmas
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Emily, love the holly shaker elements

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "A Krafty Christmas" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very elegant against the kraft background! I love how you were inspired and used gold foiling and that holly die...gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with MCV this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just fabulous - those tiny shaker windows! so many lovingly added details! Thanks for playing with us at MCV, Emily! - Hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. How elegant the Kraft paper looks with the gold and pretty stitched holly. Thanks for playing along with the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS design - the sparkle works so well with the kraft.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. super-cool diecut shaker card technique! what a fabulous idea! and it's perfect for our "clear" hijinks at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous CAS design and I love the tiny shaker element! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge, I do hope you'll joinm us again soon!
    Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I just love those shaker holly leaves. What a wonderful idea and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: