Followers

Sunday 2 October 2016

You can’t possess radiance, you can only admire it



I’m sharing a card featuring an image from a new artist, Emily Luella, called Elizabeth Taylor.


My card follows the current double challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches; double challenges have both a sketch and inspiration colours.  I finally got me some Stampin’ Up! cardstock so I could match the Mint Macaron and Tangerine Tango perfectly.  I still don’t have any ink so I had to add in the Rich Razzelberry in a mix of Copics and a substitute ink for the sentiment.

To ensure I stuck to the colours I’ve done the image in neutrals (black and white) and took inspiration from the current challenge at Addicted to CAS by water colouring the image.  Love the pop of colour from adding the Rich Razzelberry element through Copics for the lips and lipstick.

I’m not the world’s best water-colourist so this is attempt number three, or maybe four, I was losing count by the end!  So when the sentiment ink smeared, well, I just about cried and then erased as much as I could and hid the rest under some gems.

Adding the gems and creating shine on my Tangerine Tango accent with UTEE was a nod to the challenge over at Card Mania.  I also felt that Liz had to have some gems, she just wouldn’t be happy without them!  And, although the sentiment is a Coco Chanel quote, I’m sure it’s one Liz would concur with most readily.

Ingredients:
Copics
Lips & Lipstick RV66, RV69
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel ~ Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Zyneri ~ Hot Fix Crystals Clear (coloured with Copic RV99)
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Stamps
Kraftin’ Kimmie ~ Katherine sentiment only (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The image is very elegant - especially in black & white with the gentle color from the lipstick! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing job in watercoloring your image. Lovely! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully CAS and lovely watercoloring, Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quote and I love how you watercolored your image, Emily! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how the colours pop against the neutrals. Your watercolouring is awesome. Thanks for joining us again at CAS Colours & Sketches. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful :)
    Thank you for playing with us at CardMania Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely :) Thank you for joining us at shiny Card Mania Challenge
    Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS creation! Wonderful watercolouring!
    Thanks for playing at Card Mania Chalenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: