Followers

Sunday 21 August 2016

Um mundo novo



Sharing my Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 August tag today.


I was struggling with a theme for this one but then I needed something to go with a gift for a friend, a male friend who has, like many an Aussie male, been avidly following Australia at the Olympics.  Which then gave me not only my theme but my colour combo for my brayered stain background; green and gold the Aussie sporting colours.  I only had one green and one yellow stain, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey, so those were the colours I went with.  I echoed them in the crinkle ribbon I added to the top of the tag.

The only Frameworks die I have is the Wave one so that’s what I used.  I cut one piece and filled it with metallic elements to signify the three medal types.  The others I coloured to match the colours on the podium at the Rio games, again I was somewhat limited by my Distress Paint colours as to the shades of orange, blue and greed I had.  I filled them with cork and corrugated surfaces as they were the closest thing I had to something wood, which I image the podium is made out of.

As this is for a man I kept my embellies fairly simple, mostly Remnant Rubs.  It’s hard to see the gold one I used (from Gilded Holidays), it is ‘believe’, I also used ‘joy’ from the silver sheet.  Thankfully my die cut took up the space where the bronze one would have been as I didn’t have any rub-ons in bronze.  Love the effect of the clock running off the side of the tag, a timepiece fitting both the Olympic and the birthday theme of time going by.  As I also have sentiments from my Small Talk stickers I am entering my tag in the current challenge at Aud Sentiments.

I didn’t have an appropriate die so found a cut in the Silhouette store that suited.  As my die isn’t as slender and detailed as the wild flower Tim used it was a bit black and boring so I randomly dabbed Tim’s Artist Components stamp inked with Distress Embossing Ink and added embossing powder.  I used Paula Cheney’s trick of two toned embossing powders on the torch to tone down the silver.  Wasn’t sure it would work mixing Distress Embossing Powder and regular but it did.  I thought the flames would look good in Distress Embossing Powder too but unfortunately the only red I had was Aged Mahogany that didn’t show up on the black and Old Paper that was too green.  So I used them to adhere some copper and gold embossing powder for more of a flame effect.

With my lack of an image or scenery stamp I am also entering my tag at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb for their current challenge.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Copper & Pale Gold
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder ~ Aged Mahogany, Black Soot & Old Paper
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Tim Holtz Alterations Frameworks ~ 660027 Waves
Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fasteners ~ Hex Fasteners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs ~ Gilded Holidays & Numbers
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Broken China, Forest Moss, Rusty Hinge & Shabby Shutters
Tim Holtz Distress Stain ~ Peeled Paint & Wild Honey
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Even if you struggled a little I think you did amazing. It is so creative, and i love how masculine it is.
    Thank you for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great male tag. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work!
    Thanks for joining us at NSHK.
    Smile from DT-Ane Lene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: