Followers

Monday 16 May 2016

Beauty without colour seems somehow to belong to another world



The card I’m sharing today features a commissioned image from Mayzy Art for a crafty friend, Tanja.


Sadly Mayzy closed her digi shop a while back but she has opened up commissions, you can find her on Facebook if you want one.  I think she did an awesome job of Tanja and she was loads of fun to colour up.  Mayzy’s terms allow the commissioner to gift the image to friends, which Tanja kindly did.

I wanted to keep the image the focal point so I’ve gone with a CAS design, which happens to be the theme over at Crafting When We Can.  The current sketch at Retrosketches was perfect for a CAS card.  I added in my stripes using washi tape and my stripes meet the challenge at Crafty Gals’ Corner so I’m also linking up there.

I die cut my image and, for a bit more interest, left a bit of the image out of the die cut.  The sentiment is also a die cut, which I cut twice, once from black cardstock for a shadow and once out of cardstock I covered with my washi tape to tie in with the background.  As you can see from the image, Tanja is a bit of goth girl and loves her skulls, which I’ve picked up in the washi tape I selected.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E11, E13, E33, E35, YR00 (R22 cheeks)
Eyes E30, E35, E37, 0
Lips E04, R56, R59
Hair E23, E27, E29, E79
Outfit BG09, BG11, BG32, BG34, BG57
Glasses BG10, N6, N8, N10, 100
Copic C00, C0, C1, E04, R56
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Malachite
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ White
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stampin’ Up! Washi Tape ~ Witch’s Brew
Stamps
Mayzy Art ~ Tanja (commissioned image)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is fabulous! I love the image and how you left her hand out. Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job coloring her! I love the color combo and the stripes really are eye catching in this CAS style.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Polka Dots and/or Stripes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Crafting When We Can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: