Followers

Saturday 9 January 2016

…thy mother’s delight



I’m sharing a card today I’ve made for a colleague who is going on maternity leave next week featuring a lovely image by Lostanhell Creations called Sweet Child of Mine.


I planned on doing the heart on her top pink to signify shes having a girl but didn’t really think about the pretty blues I’d picked out for the top confusing matters until after I coloured it up.  So then I loaded up on the pink for the card base to offset and ensure it was obvious that bub is expected to be a girl!

My card follows the current sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, think maybe the hearts on the sketch drew me to it.  I did alter it to my usual square base and went with just plain cardstocks rather than patterned paper as this year I’ve challenged myself to go CAS.  Not good news for the mountains of patterned paper I am hoarding but considering I seem to have a gazillion cards I know I need to make (and others keep popping up) I really don’t have time to wade through that stash as it can take me hours to find papers I like.

Over at Crafting Musketeers they are looking for projects signifying new beginnings, which a new baby certainly brings.  City Crafter have a similar theme of say hello, teamed with wave goodbye, which technically we are waving goodbye to our colleague as she heads off on maternity leave so I’ve kinda got both sides covered.  I’m entering my card in both challenges.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E43, E50, E51, E53 (E93 cheeks)
Hair E31, E33, E35, E37
Outfit B0000, B000, B00, B01, B02, B04, B06, C4, C6, C8, RV10, RV13, RV21, 110
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies ~ LF-114 Grand Circles & S4-114 Standard Circles Large
Embellishments
Been There Done That Rubons ~ SA Alpha
Prima Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings ~ Lace Hearts
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Tutu Pink
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ White
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable!! I love the sweet image and your coloring is amazing! Such a wonderful take on this weeks sketch! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Hope to see you back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is amazing. I love the idea to color that heart pink. For me it was clear that she is expecting a girl:). Such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely!! Your colouring is wonderful! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet baby card!! Amazing coloring!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
    Debbie (TMS DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: