Followers

Saturday 25 July 2015

...only when the clock stops does time come to life



I have a CAS card to share today made for a male colleague whose birthday is coming up this week.


Wanting something simple to suit a male I went hunting for ideas on challenge blogs and the sketch that went up today at Jo’s Scrap Shack sparked my mojo.  I’ve been wanting to do up a pocket watch like Tim Holtz did on a tag last year (check out the deets here) and that fitted well with the design of the sketch and gave me my focal point.

I love cupcakes and when I saw the lovely brown colour palette over at Cupcake Inspirations I had my colour scheme sorted and I immediately thought of my Riddersholm Design papers, I knew I’d find something among their collections to suit.  Oh, and now I really want a cupcake, sigh…

My final inspiration was from Left of Center where their theme is texture.  What better way to add in the stripe elements than with a Tim Holtz stencil and some modelling paste?

Although a CAS card and without a coloured image, so not my usual style at all, I think this turned out looking great.  Goes to show too that just because you’re doing a card for a male and have to lay off the pretties doesn’t mean you’re going to end up with something plain and boring!

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Die ~ Classic Circles
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Paint ~ Antique Bronze & Black Soot
White Acrylic Paint
Papers
Bazzill Fourz Cardstock ~ Cinnamon Stick
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Great use of the sketch. TFS and joining us at Jo's this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, I always have trouble coming up with a masculine idea for my cards and this is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at LOC challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great masculine card - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the colors for inspiration on our theme challenge! thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations coffee and cupcake challenge this week! Hope to see you again soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for a masculine card!!! I really like your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week in our Funday Friday challenge!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an AWESOME masculine card! I really like the pocket watch you made on the bottom. Great use of the sketch :)

    Thanks for playing at Jo's Scrap Shack!!

    Happy Crafting,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: