Followers

Sunday 7 June 2015

Well that's how many it takes: will you marry me?



When does a card cease to be a card and become a gift?  Maybe when it is an exploding hexagon card with a cake topper inside like the one I have to share today featuring the gorgeous Forever Yours from Tiddly Inks on the lid.


This card gift is going to a colleague who got engaged, I’d like to say recently but it’s taken me a while to get my butt into gear and this card made.  I was inspired by this lovely Christmas exploding hexagon card made by my crafty friend Jenny Dix.  Go check out her fab card and while you’re there take a look around her blog, she does amazing work and has lots of great tuts, including for this hexagon box.

The top follows the current sketch over at Die Sketchtanten.  I just flipped it and changed the shape to a hexagon and swapped the small circle embellies for flowers.  I added in the couple’s initials on the top around the edge with some more flowers.  There are die cuts, more flowers and embossed stamping around the sides to complete the outside.


Guess I’d best show the exploding part of this card, the top layer features three more beautiful images from Tiddly Inks, Forever, Love You Mostest and You and Me.


The centrepiece is actually a cake topper I found when I went Googling for a figurine to go inside, it’s from Willow Tree and called Around You and I was lucky enough to find one in Australia from Lil’ Treasures.  It was just perfect to complete my card.

They’re playing bingo at Aud Sentiments, always fun to play along to help with building up the decoration on a card.  I’ve picked up their embossing with the various stamps throughout the card, I have numerous die cuts and my 3D item could be both the card itself and the centre piece.  I also have flowers and both digi and rubber stamps so that’s another set of bingo and if diagonals are allowed I’ve got a third with the use of my markers on the images.  Got the required sentiment covered too, have them in my stamping, on the outside of the box using foil and also on the underneath layers with the beautiful poetry of Elizabeth Barrett Browning.

For my top layer I’ve followed the current sketch at Noor! & Zo.  I reshaped the sketch, which was in my favoured 6x6 format, to fit the size of the rectangle my panels are.  I swapped out the banner elements for some stick pins I wrapped in memory thread and nestled in flower bits.


I've taken a close up of one of the image panels so you can see the sketch elements better and, well, to see the simply gorgeous image from Tiddly Inks I used.

The current theme at Scrapping4Fun is either weddings or engagements, this card is, as I said, for an engagement gift so I’ve got the theme covered so am linking it up there.  There’s a similar theme at Fun with Shapes and More, I haven’t got the wedding part covered but definitely have hearts and love on this card so I am also entering their challenge.

Its always anything goes at the I Am Roses challenge blog so long as you have a minimum of two flowers from their store.  I have lots and lots of their flowers and four different kinds so I am entering my card in their current challenge.

Now I was never going to be able to take a good photo of each layer once assembled so I took one of each as I finished them, both top and bottom.  Yes, being the pedantic crafter I am, I’ve made sure even the underside of each of the two inner layers was decorated.  So here’s all the layers, starting from the outside, I just love how it all came together with my recurring themes of hearts, roses, embossed sentiments and lace.








Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Hair T5, T7, T9, 100, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Outfits N5, N7, N9, V09, V17, V20, V22, V25, W3, W5, W7, W9
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel ~ Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Die-Versions Whispers ~ Trellis
Spellbinders Shapeabilities ~ Ironworks Accents
Embellishments
Close to My Heart ~ Bitty Pearls
Making Memories Rub-ons Alphabet ~ Heidi White
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender & Tea Dye
Papers
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges
Aud Sentiments #133 ~ Bingo (Bottom row: die cut, embossing, 3D item, Middle column: flowers, digi or rubber stamp, embossing, Diagonal: die cut, digi or rubber stamp, markers)




Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing!! I have never seen it's equal! The time it must have taken you to put this together! Really great project! Thanks for joining us at I Am Roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a great Projekt !!
    Wonderful Work, I like the Colours.
    Thank you for joiningus at Sketchtanten :)
    Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, some serious crafting and creativity went into these gorgeous box for your friend. I LOVE the figurine! This is fabulous project, that you can tell lots of love went into it. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.....what a wonderful Projekt. Thanks for joining us at fun with shapes and more.

    Hugs
    Sibille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creation!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Wedding creation.
    Thank you for your gorgeous entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very fabulous giftbox!!! You used the sketch perfekt. Love all the little, lovely details and how beautiful you've colored the images. Great work! Thanks for playing with Sketchtanten and good luck.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Emily! Your hexagon explosion box is truly amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us at the I Am Roses challenge blog.
    Good luck!

    Alexandra
    DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eine wundervolle Karte und den Sketch so hast Du klasse umgesetzt
    Hab lieben Dank für die Teilnahme bei den Sketchtanten
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutly stunning! So much work and creativity! It's amazing! Well done it will be treasured forever! Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: