Followers

Wednesday 15 April 2015

One cannot ask loneliness…



My card today features the elegant Serenity Geisha from Simply B Stamps and is a special one made for the lovely Katya for her birthday.


I wanted to do something a bit special with this card so I made an easel card but cut the bottom of the easel into a lotus shape.  I used some gold flecked rice paper to paper piece the lotus.  To add to the Japanese theme I made a pair of uchiwa (fans) from washi paper as a background for my image and also made some plum blossoms and other embellies from mizuhiki cord.  I finished off the embellies with some mulberry paper cherry blossoms.

As my card is for a birthday (cue the birthday sentiment I printed and traced in gold) I am entering my card in the current challenge at Fun with Shapes and More.  I’ve used three different patterned washi papers so I am also entering it in Crafty Catz’s current challenge.  My whole card has a spring time feel and cherry blossoms are spring bloomers so I’ve covered the twist over at Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge so I’m linking my card there too.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin C00, C0, C1, 0
Eyes E30, E33, E35, 0
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair T6, T8, T10, 100
Outfit BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, N4, N6, N8, 100
Chalks & Powders etc
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Embellishments
Mizuhiki Plum Blossom & Twists
Inks & Paints etc
Ingvild Bolme Chalk ~ Metallic Yellow & Teal Damask
Letterpress Ink ~ Gold
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Salty Ocean
Uni Posca Pen ~ Gold
Papers
Gold Flecked Rice Paper from stash
Gold Paper from stash
Washi Paper from stash
Ribbons & Trims etc
Mizuhiki Cord from stash
Stamps
Simply B Stamps ~ Serenity Geisha (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Catz with this amazing card. Love these rich tones and your coloring is really beautiful. Hope to see your creations again!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very special =)

    Vielen Dank fürs zeigen bei fun wih shapes and more =)

    LG, Sylke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: