Followers

Sunday 19 April 2015

…how or where it starts…



My card today features the beautiful Cherry Blossom Geisha from Simply B Stamps.


To create the right background for this gorgeous image I made a gatefold card look like a shoji screen.  I used my Cameo to cut the black frame and then adhered it to some transparent paper (essentially vellum).  For stability, and to give me somewhere to add my message, I used another sheet of black cardstock with some white cardstock in between to prevent the black showing through.

I wanted to keep this fairly CAS to allow the beauty of the image to take centre stage so I just scattered some mulberry flowers across the screen.  As the flowers are from I Am Roses Im entering this in their current challenge.  Flowers are the theme over at Quirky Crafts where they want to see lots of them, they are my only embellie on this card and there are a number of them so I think my card qualifies.

Over at Brown Sugar they have a colour theme of navy, pink and white, which gave me the perfect colours for my card (hoping the black doesn’t count!).  I was going to go for pink on the cherry blossoms and black for the main colour of the kimono but switched to navy to fit the theme and I am glad I did as I love the way my geisha turned out.  Instead of making the cherry blossoms fully pink I left them white and just added a dash of pink to the centres (some more than others on the mulberry flowers, Copic ink tends to bleed quite a bit on them) to ensure I kept to the colour theme and, again, I am really pleased with the result.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin C00, C0, C1, 0
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair T6, T8, T10, 100
Outfit B06, B14, B37, B39, RV13, RV14, RV25, RV29
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Black Soot
Uni Posca Pen ~ Gold
Papers
Christina Re ~ Transparent Paper
Stamps
Simply B Stamps ~ Cherry Blossom Geisha (retired)
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Love this screen!! Great project! Thanks for joining us at I Am Roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely....So beautiful.....Thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenges. DT Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Adorable job! I love the little flowers around the card. Congrats!! You win third place in Challenge#8, Blooming Quirky. Quirky Crafts Challenges. Kemly Sc. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: