Followers

Saturday 14 February 2015

Mine eyes dazzle



I’m sharing a card featuring the new and gorgeous Duchess Betty from Simply B Stamps.


The layout of my card comes from the current sketch at Sketchy Colors, in keeping with the lacy ruffles on Duchess Betty’s dress I’ve swapped out the long rectangular element for some lovely lace.  I also swapped out the smaller oval for a floral element instead.

Over at Cut It Up! their current theme is romance, which this image certainly is and I have the three elements they require (flowers, lace and pearls plus a die cut, I’ve got two) so I’m entering my card there.

I love a tic tac toe challenge to help get a card completed so I’ve played along with the current one at Our Creative Corner and gone for a diagonal line featuring embossing powder, a stamps (the beautiful image) and some lace.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E40, E43, E44, Y26
Lips R39, R85
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit N0, N1, N2, RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99, W00, W0, W2, W4, 0
Cake and Plate E09, E43, E44, E47, R14, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28, YG93 YR07
Chalks & Powders etc
Fran-tage Embossing Enamel ~ Shabby White
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Joy! Crafts Vintage Flourishes ~ Corner
Wild Rose Studio ~ Rose Circle
Embellishments
Queen & Co Pearls ~ Snowflake
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Garnet
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Old Paper
Viva Décor Inka-Gold ~ Rose Quartz
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Licorice
Making Memories Greenhouse Paperie ~ Flocked Floral
Prima Romantique Collection ~ Gazette
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges
Our Creative Corner ~ Tic Tac Toe (Embossing powder, Stamps & Lace, ribbon, twine, cord)



Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. That dark background makes me think she's having a midnight snack! Looks yummy!

    Thank you for joining us for our Romance - Use Flowers, Lace and Pearls challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love all those great embellishments and gorgeous lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Romantic and almost like a fairytale! Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketchy Colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really sweet card with lovely colour work. Thanks so much for joining my Tic Tac Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I admire anyone who can colour so beautifully and seamleassly. The elements you chose and the layout all work together so wonderfully. Thank you for submitting this to the tic tac toe challenge at Our Creative Corner - I loved linking from there over to your blog to see it in closer detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: