Followers

Monday 1 December 2014

...it was about your Christmas, there was smoke... and fire!



It’s challenge time over at PunkyouGirl with Creepmas as the theme and my card features an awesome image from BB Kakes via Stitchy Bear, Skulldiva.


To make up my card I’ve followed the current sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, which was awesome for being able to layer, which I love to do.  The twist was to add buttons or bows, which also fit well as it allowed me to echo the bows with skull centres from Skulldiva’s shoes in my embellies.  And don’t you just love the skullies I’ve used?  They are awesome as is the gorgeous Wendy, who made them especially for me.

With an image like this and a Creepmas theme I was feeling a bit steamy, Steampunky that is, which is the current theme over at Miriam’s Crafting.  So I raided my metal stash to see what I had and came up with Steampunk holly and berry to go with my skullies.  I’m no clay modeller like Wendy so I had to add in the Santa hat and holly and berry on my skullies using shrink film, problem is I’ve run out of the printable kind.  So I used clear and coloured it with Smooch, which ended up working really well on the Santa hat as it has a raised texture to it.

Over at A Creative Romance they are looking for you to use something old on your project.  The designer papers I’ve used are from the Kaisercraft Twig and Berry collection from way back in 2012 so I think they count.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E25, E27, E30
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair N4, N6, N8, 100
Outfit G12, G14, G16, G19, N4, N6, N8, R24, R29, R46, R59, R89, W6, W8, W10, 100
Skull Bag E08, E33, E35, E47, W5, YG95
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Shapeabilities ~ Grommet Tags
Embellishments
Jazzydoodle Designs ~ Clay Skulls
Prima Junkyard Findings ~ Clock Parts
Shrink Film Holly and Berry & Santa Hat (handmade by me)
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Foliage
Inks & Paints etc
Rub’nBuff ~ Spanish Copper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Barn Door & Forest Moss
Wink of Stella ~ Green, Metallic Gold & Metallic Red
Papers
Artools Metal Sheet ~ Copper
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Forest
Kaisercraft Twig & Berry ~ Myrrh & Yuletide
Ribbons & Trims etc
Green Satin Ribbon from stash
Stamps
Challenges
 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card. Love the rich colors and your great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous creation! Love your image and your coloring. So many wonderful details. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: