Followers

Tuesday 16 September 2014

…girt with golden wings



I have a rather special card today featuring an awesome image I found on deviantART by Scary Rabid Fan Girl called Steampunk Angel.


There are some really talented people on deviantART and some of them are lovely enough to make their images available to download.  I have to say I am pretty pleased with how the image turned out, especially the metallic elements.

I wanted this to be a special card as it is going out to a friend for her 40th birthday so I decided on a fancy parcel card.  Given this isn’t your ordinary flat folded card I am entering it in the current challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks.  As it is a parcel card I am also entering it in the Noor Design challenge.

The blank space on the base is for a ‘happy birthday’ sentiment, I couldn’t find one in my stash but wanted to get this posted up before I head out on holidays.  I need to buy a sticker or something to have the words pop.  I did find the lovely ‘celebrate’ sentiment and some numbers in my sticker stash that did work for this.  As the card is for a celebration I am entering it in the current Brown Sugar challenge.

I’ve used a lot of embellies on this card to make it extra special.  All of the flowers are from I Am Roses.  I bought a big supply of them all in white so I could colour them up to match my projects.  My plan was to have them the same colour as the angel’s blue dress and the berries the same aged copper but I didn’t have sketch markers to go in my Copic Airgun so I had to settle for Smooch Spritz and Lindy’s Stamp Gang inks.

The theme of the card is very much flying with my angel, butterflies and flying gear so I am entering it in the current challenge over at Inkspirational.  Being flying themed I have a lot of things with wings so I am also entering it in Live and Love Craft’s current challenge.  I couldn’t find a metal butterfly in my stash the right size so I cut some from a Martha Stewart sticker border and layered them up.  I used pearls to add some extra texture and scattered some yellow ones around as all my embellies were fairly aged and the angel’s wings are a bright gold.  Given my pearls I am also linking this up at the Alphabet Challenge.

Now my friend is a fellow Steampunker and this is a Steampunk inspired card from the angel with her metal wings through to the gears and flying paraphernalia.  There’s actually a pair of men flying zeppelins under the die cuts on the base that ended up covered up that also suited the theme.  The current challenge over at I Am Roses calls for Steampunk and a butterfly; I’ve got both covered off and plenty of their gorgeous flowers so I’m also entering this there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (cheeks E02)
Eye E33
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit & Wings B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, E08, E33, E35, E47, R05, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Lin & Lene Design ~ Floral Square
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Marvelous Squares
Embellishments
Creative Memories Epoxy Stickers
Martha Stewart Stickers ~ Butterfly Border
Prima Junkyard Findings ~ Ship Parts & Steampunk Air
Prima Say it in Crystals ~ Small Swirls Black
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Mini Gears & Sprocket Gears
Inks & Paints etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Flat Fabio ~ Tweedle Dee Denim
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst ~ Cocoa Bean Copper
Smooch Spritz ~ Caramel Latte & Navy Twinkle
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Walnut Stain & Weathered Wood
Papers
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Your friend will be so happy getting this fabulous piece of art! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I love all the beautiful elements you have put into this! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, love the shape of the card, the image and of course the stunning flowers. Thanks for sharing it with us at IAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Thank you for joining us at the I Am Roses Challenge Blog http://iamroses-challenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Great image, love all the metal parts and the shape of a card. :)
    Have a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, thanks for as at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative project! So many great embellishments and layers. I like the use of hardware. Thanks so much for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous piece of art created. Just letting you know that there's a new challenge going to starting 4 Jan 2015 over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Love you to become a follower, there's a DT Call happening too, grab our badge while your there if you like to, really hope to see you join us, many thanks xx
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful and clever this is! I love your steampunk angel and the shape of the card is great. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome steampunk card, and I don't think I've ever seen a parcel card like this. Very cool! Thanks for joining LLC for our wings challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just amazing - a truly gorgeous creation.

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
    Hugs,
    Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: