Followers

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Walk like an Egyptian


This is my second week as a guest DT on the Outlawz Sketch challenge where the awesome sponsor is Tamara, aka The Stamping Chef, and I’ve used her gorgeous Nile Goddess on my card.

Here’s the great sketch for this week, which I flipped and resized to a 6x6 square for my card.


Now of course I had to go Egyptian themed and it was amazing what my stash offered up, nothing less than a piece of paper that looks like papyrus, don’t ask me when I got it or where but sometimes I really love my stash!  I printed a couple of lines of hieroglyphics for two of the vertical line elements and raided my stash again for the gold braid for the ribbon element.  In keeping with my Egyptian theme I swapped out the bow for the an ankh that I cut from a metal sheet and then embossed.

You can’t do a card featuring a pharaoh without a whole lot of bling and I’ve got loads on my card.  I wish I’d had another of the triangle Swarovski crystals to put on the bottom of my braid but sadly I didn’t and I couldn’t find anything similar (my stash didn’t come good this time) so I just left the bottom blank.  I used the border part of the Cuttlebug embossing folder as the pattern was better sized but couldn’t get the top of the ankh embossed without flattening the sides again so I added in a bit more bling with a brad to cover it.  I picked my die cut as it was shaped a bit like a beetle and I was going for a scarab shape.  To help with that effect I added clear embossing powder to make it super shiny.

With all my bling and the sparkle on my die cut I am entering this in the current challenge at Southern Girls.  As I’ve used a Stamping Chef image I am also linking this up at their current anything goes challenge.
 
Oh and has my title got you singing yet?  Surely you remember The Bangles’ hit Walk Like an Egyptian, I know it was back in 1985, yes, really, I know, feeling old yet?! but it was a catchy tune.  This lovely image has the right pose and everything so I am entering this in Crafty Catz’s current inspired by a song challenge.

So when you’re finished singing why not come join the fun over at Outlawz, all you have to do is follow the sketch and have fun.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E50, E51, E53 (R02 cheeks)
Eyes E33, E37, 0
Lips R24, R29
Outfit BG01, BG02, BG05, BG07, N0, N1, N2, R24, R29, R46, R59, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Chalks & Powders etc
Ranger Embossing Powder ~ Clear
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Marianne Creatables ~ Petra’s Large Oval
Embellishments
Flourish with a Bling Pearls ~ Black
Jolee’s All That Bling ~ Multi Color Multi Shape Gems
Swarovski Crystal
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Antique Linen
Papers
Artools Metal Sheet ~ Copper
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Papyrus Print Paper from stash
Ribbons & Trims etc
Gold Braid from stash
Stamps
Challenges
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love this, the image is fabulous and so well coloured, the card design is perfect for it,gorgeous...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING CHEF challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: