Followers

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Just tea for two, and two for tea


I’ve got an old favourite from Simply B Stamps to share today, Rio N Toots Tea Party.


I’ve kept my card with them fairly CAS as this is going to a colleague who isn’t into fussy and frilly stuff.  Luckily the sketch at Sketch Saturday this week worked perfectly for a CAS style card.  I resized it to a 6x6 card and flipped it so I have an oval instead of a circle.  To echo the feathers in Rio’s hair I’ve swapped out the star element for a peacock feather, it adds a touch of elegance I think.

I didn’t want my card to be too plain and what better way to add some interest without fuss than with some texture so I’ve gone with some Dotted Swiss cardstock.  Polka dots are always striking so I’ve also used designer paper with polka dots.  As such, I’m entering this in the current challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

The current alcohol marker challenge theme at Outlawz is “keep calm and…” and what better way to finish that sentence than with “have some tea”, so I am entering my card there.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes B000, B02, 0
Lips RV93, RV95, RV99
Hair T4, T6, T8, 100
Eyeshadow N0, N2, N4
Outfit BG11, BG23, BG34, BG49, BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29, RV00, RV02, RV04, RV52, RV63, RV66, RV69
Toots BV20, BV23, BV25, BV29, RV00, RV02, RV04 T4, T6, T8, V91, V95, 100, 0
Mushroom E40, E42, E43, R24, R29, R46, R59
Teapot & Cups V12, V15, V17
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilies ~ Classic Ovals
Embellishments
Manor House Creations ~ Peacock Feather
Inks & Paints etc
Spica ~ Blossom & Turquoise
Wink of Stella ~ Clear, Dark Pink & Gold
Papers
Authentique Classique Elegant ~ Twelve
Bazzill Dotted Swiss ~ Berry Pretty
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Liquorice
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Simply fabulous image and wonderful polka dots on the papers. loving your colors choices too. Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Polka Dots Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch this week. Her hair is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: