Followers

Saturday 5 April 2014

…it fell to me to give the lion’s roar



It’s challenge time at Simply Steampunk Challenges and we have an easy theme this month, anything goes.  Here is my card featuring the gorgeous Leo from the Steampunk Zodiac collection at Simply B Stamps.


I’ve made up my card following an Outlawz sketch, the recurring shapes reminded me of a lion’s mane so suited my image perfectly.  This card is going to be for a friend’s birthday, I’ve gotten in very early as she is a Leo so I won’t need this till August.

Because it is for a birthday card I’ve gone Steampunk but not over the top, rather I’ve chosen paper that fits my Leo theme in the colours and even the cog pattern is a bit swirly like a mane.  I’ve also added flowers mostly because I love flowers but also to add a nice feminine touch to compliment the image.  Being Steampunk I’m entering this in the current challenge at Through the Purple Haze.

Now this wouldn’t be a Steampunk card without a bit of metal and I do love my metal cog embellies.  I got a few bags in various colours and sizes recently and this is the first time I have got to use them and the lovely copper colour again fitted my theme perfectly.  With my metal embellies I am also entering this at Corrosive Challenge’s current challenge.

Now hopefully I’ve inspired you to colour up your favourite Steampunk image and join our challenge but if you need more inspiration just check out what my awesome teamies have done over at the Simply Steampunk Challenge’s blog.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Hair E08, E18, E19, E29
Dress Y23, Y26, Y28, Y32, YR20, YR21
Boots E11, E13, E17, E18
Chair E23, E25, E27, E29, R24, R29, R46, R59, R89
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities ~ Classic Squares & Labels Twenty-six
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms ~ Ruby
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms ~ Ruby
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Fired Brick, Rusty Hinge & Wild Honey
Papers
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful with a wonderful old world feel.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Emily thanks for joining us at TTPH
    Nicola DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card & great layout.
    Thank you for joining in our challenge (Through the Purple Haze) Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card......like it very much indeed..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the gears and your coloring is lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: