Followers

Saturday 11 January 2014

Thus the craftsman thinks to grace the rose...



My card today features an older Steampunk image from the Original Collection of Steampunks at Simply B Stamps, her name is Grace.


Last month I did some travelling for work so I printed off some of these gorgeous Steampunks and packed some Copics for the long flights I had.  Just as well too as I needed to make a card for a colleague and so I had this image ready to go.

To make up my card I followed the sketch at Sketchy Colors, with a lovely romantic image like Grace the Opulent Oval dies from Spellbinders were the perfect background as was the dreamy designer paper from Kaisercraft.  I also took inspiration from the so romantic theme and image at The Shabby Tea Room in my soft pink roses and clock embellie.

They’ve got a three favourite embellishments challenge going on at Incy Wincy.  I love metal embellies and paper roses, I suppose I have four embellies if you count the ribbon and the crystals.  I probably use more of the crystals as they are easier but I have a huge supply of ribbon, I love it too, I just often can’t part with it or have difficulty incorporating it into my layout.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (cheeks R02)
Eyes E29
Lips R46, R59
Hair E29, E31, E35, E37, E49
Outfit E31, E35, E37, R24, R29, R46, R59, R89, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Basket E31, E35, E37
Leaf YR12, YR14, YR16
Dies & SVGs etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities – Opulent Ovals
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms – Dusty Pink
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms – Dusty Pink
Metal Clock Charm from stash
Prima Say it in Crystals – Black Swirl
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Barn Door & Tea Stain
Papers
Close to My Heart Cardstock – Red
Kaisercraft Cardstock – Black
Kaisercraft Enchanted Garden – Entrance & Magic
Ribbons & Twine etc
TPC Studio Ribbon – Moroccan Market
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card!
    Great colouring!
    THank you for joining Sketchy Colors this week and good luck!
    HUgs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily - how resourceful, taking printed images and pens to while away the hours of a long flight ... and I love the result! Her clothing looks very opulent and I love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily!

    Wonderful card! Great coloring!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Sketchy Colors! Good luck!

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love "Grace" ! Great job of coloring and I think the Oval Spellbinders was a great choice.
    I also take some stamped images with me when I am on the road...soothes the travel nerves ! :>)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: