Followers

Sunday 19 January 2014

Let me eat cake!

I had a birthday sneak up on me but fortunately I had coloured up this gorgeous image, Betty Antoinette, from Simply B Stamps when she first came out so all I had to do was pop her on a card.


My card follows the current sketch at Outlawz Challenge, I just resized it to fit my standard 6x6 card size.  The oval elements worked perfectly as I had already cut Betty Antoinette out using an oval Nestie.  I wanted purple gems for the smaller ovals but didn’t have any in my stash, I did find these CTMH metal embellies that have a motif similar to the French royal emblem of a fleur-de-lis and they were in blue to match Betty Antoinette’s hair so on they went.

With such a feminine image as Betty Antoinette and the sparkle and gold on my card it is definitely girlie so I’m entering it in the current challenge at Natalie and Amy’s Challenge.  I’ve also used something old, the CTMH embellies that have been in my stash for over six months, and something new, the Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starbust, filled and spritzed for the very first time.  And with my Nestie I’ve got a die cut so I’m also linking my card at Die Cuttin’ Diva’s current challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53, (R02 cheeks)
Hair B00, B02, B05
Outfit RV 52, RV63, RV66, RV69
Dies & SVGs etc
Spellbinders Nestabilties – Opulent Ovals
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starbust – Golden Lump o’Coal
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Antique Linen & Victorian Velvet
Wink of Stella – Clear, Gold, Pink & Silver
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock – Kraft
Ribbons & Trims
Lace from LSS
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors you used. This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week
    Anita
    DCD Host and Sponsor Coordinator
    http://scrappyhappymommy.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being the "Franco-Phile" that I am, I LOVE this card !! So clever...and I have always had a warm place in my heart for poor Marie. Love your use of colors ! I don't know if she had Blue hair, but certainly blue BLOOD !! ha ha
    Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: