Followers

Saturday 28 December 2013

North Pole or Bust

With hardly any days left of the year I finally have my last two Christmas cards to show, these ones feature Santa’s Helper Rio from Simply B Stamps.



I forgot to add a sentiment before I printed these out so I had to write it in after but the slightly shaky writing suits the slightly tatty look of Rio and the theme of her hitching her way back to Santa’s workshop.  Notice something else about the green version?  Yep, no image.  I had all my supplies laid out on my table last night, I swear I had a red and green version of Rio but when I went to make up my cards today the green Rio had disappeared.  I turned my craft room upside down looking for her, the room is now clean but she is no where to be found.  Either she’s run off with Merry Betty and they’ve having a good time together or else there are gremlins in my craft room trying to send me mad.  Too bad for them I already am!  I'm still working on the recolouring of the green Rio luckily I am hand delivering these two cards.

The cards follow the sketch at A Die for Sketch, which, as the name suggests, also calls for a die cut to be used.  I’ve cut all three main elements to the sketch using dies.  The designer papers are all old and the gems are from my stash too, I rediscovered the red ones in time for my late Christmas card making and the green ones were a complete sheet too that I had to dig through my entire stash to find, I’d almost given up thinking I actually had any green ones.

Ingredients:
Copics
Coloured last year so I no longer remember
Dies
Spellbinders Nestabilities – 5x7 Matting Basics & Classic Ovals
Embellishments
Gems from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Tea Dye
Papers
American Crafts Cardstock – White
Kaisercraft Mint Twist – Peppermint & Twine
Kaisercraft Twig & Berry – Frankincense
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love the the postage stamp design paper mixed with the polka dots.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck. }
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, Emily! It's a super cute image...and I LOVE that you posted one without the image! Thanks so much for joining us at A Die for a Sketch! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: